Irvine Meadow vs Kilbirnie Ladeside 27/12/14

meadowx1

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a trial at Talbot, some of the fans quite liked the big guy, but Tucker never signed him, nuff said!

So let's get this right, if your beloved 'Tucker ' doesn't want a player, that means he is rubbish end of story.

He obviously rated him that's why he had a look at him, then deciding he was not what Talbot needed at that point.

So let's get this right, if your beloved 'Tucker ' doesn't want a player, that means he is rubbish end of story.

He obviously rated him that's why he had a look at him, then deciding he was not what Talbot needed at that point.

Yes he was not what Talbot needed at that time or any time, Talbot players are required to put the type of shift the big guy is not capable of, which takes me back to the point about decent as oppose to top.

Don't recall, although I am of a certain vintage and might have had a senior moment. When did Talbot sign him?

Hertha 1 Goudie 0 ;)

I would guess about 2010/2011 .

Ryan was a left midfielder and he was strawberry blonde in hair colour, played a few games for beith under stevie Easton but it didn't really happen for him.

....then again Tucker did sign Raymond Montgomerie hahaha

Montgomerie was always going to struggle to win a regular starting place in one of the best Talbot line ups ever. I do remember his goals that won the Evening Times Cup,and many more positive contributions during his time as a Talbot player.

Wullie Sawyers came on for the last twenty minutes of the recent Scottish Cup tie against Talbot and was a player that looked short of pace,but the epitome of the 'auld heid', spraying passes around for the younger boys,and making himself available for the returns in the box, I think he smacked a decent header off the post which probably wasn't going to make a whole lot of difference to Meadow's cause at that time anyway,as the game was already lost. I've seen him playing a few times now,including his 'trial' for Talbot at Girvan,and he probably comes into the player I'm pleased we never signed category.

Ray Montgomerie was a decent enough squad player for Talbot, I would have been happy if he stayed but he moved on for more game time. Good luck to him.

Ryan Holmes played less than 1 game for Talbot. Most Talbot fans have forgotten him, how the hell does somebody who is not a Talbot fan remember him being a Talbot player

Hertha 1 Goudie 0 ;)

I would guess about 2010/2011 .

Ryan was a left midfielder and he was strawberry blonde in hair colour, played a few games for beith under stevie Easton but it didn't really happen for him.

Hats off, I have no recollection of the player!

Ray Montgomerie was a decent enough squad player for Talbot, I would have been happy if he stayed but he moved on for more game time. Good luck to him.

Ryan Holmes played less than 1 game for Talbot. Most Talbot fans have forgotten him, how the hell does somebody who is not a Talbot fan remember him being a Talbot player

Because I'm a firm student of the game. ;)

Or a sad anorak is maybe more in keeping with the truth :)

Yes he was not what Talbot needed at that time or any time, Talbot players are required to put the type of shift the big guy is not capable of, which takes me back to the point about decent as oppose to top.

His work rate at times is not the best but he can also put a shift in trust me . Numerous games last season he played for us up on his own and worked hard to create something for us at the same time banging them in against top teams . He has an ability to score out of nothing that not many have at this level have. I have watched many many strikers over the years and in my opinion no matter what anyone says he will always be up there with the best of them.

Btw sorry for hijacking a meadow kilbirnie thread !

Archived