Alloa Athletic vs Queen of the South 27/12/14

The December midweek game two years ago was the coldest Ive ever been at a game in the 30 years Ive watched Alloa. The major drawback to a pitch that is playable at -5c is watching a game at -5c!! Though I'll accept frostbite in exchange for a home win today.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The December midweek game two years ago was the coldest Ive ever been at a game in the 30 years Ive watched Alloa. The major drawback to a pitch that is playable at -5c is watching a game at -5c!! Though I'll accept frostbite in exchange for a home win today.

Aye, it was -4c when I got out the car that night. My toes had only just defrosted when we returned in the march.

How is the snow on alloa? Game in any doubt?

You mean it's colder than Arbroath ?

Nowhere is colder than Arbroath. I remember many moons ago freezing my bollocks off at a game there sitting in the stand and queueing for a pie and bovril at half-time to heat me up. Got back to my seat, bit into the pie and it was frozen in the middle. :huh:

Been ill, and wore myself out traipsing 'round toy shops with the wean, so I didn't make it along today. Decent point to win, but it sounds like we'll be disappointed not to have all of them. How did it go, chaps?

No Higgins today?

Very young back 4 today.

Goalie 22

RB 19 CB 22 CB 19 LB 21

Pity couldn't hang on for the win hopefully we can defeat out bogey team next week cause we are dropping to many points to the bottom 3 teams, Falkirk starting to gain the momentum.

We've only taken 4 points from our last 4 games which is rather concerning especially with Hibs & Falkirk now picking up points .

Playing our bogey team next week is the last thing we need

We could find ourselves down to fifth this evening if Falkirk beat Raith. Hopefully it is just a blip. However, it is very important we go on another winning streak starting with Livi next week.

Not a disastrous result, but not a good one either, coming on the back of last week's.

It's disappointing that we've taken one point from six against part-time sides since the high of the Rangers game.

Unlike last season, our record against the sides above us isn't bad. We've shipped far too many in games like today's though and it might well cost us a play-off place.

We could find ourselves down to fifth this evening if Falkirk beat Raith. Hopefully it is just a blip. However, it is very important we go on another winning streak starting with Livi next week.

Queens have a far superior goal difference . Queens +8 , Falkirk +1

We were poor for the first 10 then the only team in it until half time, then the second half was very poor.

Positives: Hooper was excellent, and Kidd put on a very good performance as well.

As is always the case when we play alloa, Ben Gordon was their standout. He is an excellent centre back, would love to see him alongside Durnan.

Archived