Alloa Athletic vs Queen of the South 27/12/14

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always liked Weatherston at Queens and was dissapointed when he wasn't wanted. Should have done better than he has and certainly had the potential to do so.

I think Smith probably saw Buchanan and Weatherston in a similar light. Both players who had done very well part-time as youngsters and earned moves to full-time football and after some good spells had seen their careers stall - between injury and maybe poor moves - and ended up back in the lower leagues in their late 20's. On Alloa's budget they were worth a crack in the hope they could get back to previous form. In the case of Buchanan it has worked out beautifully so far but with Weatherston hardly fit since signing his move has been a bit of a disaster.

As for Flannigan I was surprised he got a deal after Smith hardly using him last season but you could see why, he looked very good pre-season and if he was able to stay fit for any period of time he would be capable of challenging our first choice midfielders for a regular place. There aren't many available on our budget who can do that. Clearly if he is never fit there isn't much point. If Weatherston and Flannigan do actually get fit and stay fit then they need to really grab any chances they get.

I think Smith probably saw Buchanan and Weatherston in a similar light. Both players who had done very well part-time as youngsters and earned moves to full-time football and after some good spells had seen their careers stall - between injury and maybe poor moves - and ended up back in the lower leagues in their late 20's. On Alloa's budget they were worth a crack in the hope they could get back to previous form. In the case of Buchanan it has worked out beautifully so far but with Weatherston hardly fit since signing his move has been a bit of a disaster.

As for Flannigan I was surprised he got a deal after Smith hardly using him last season but you could see why, he looked very good pre-season and if he was able to stay fit for any period of time he would be capable of challenging our first choice midfielders for a regular place. There aren't many available on our budget who can do that. Clearly if he is never fit there isn't much point. If Weatherston and Flannigan do actually get fit and stay fit then they need to really grab any chances they get.

The first time I seen him was for St.Johnstone against Queens on the first day of the season about 4 years or so ago. He was outstanding , looking like a real old style winger with genuine pace . I then heard we were signing him and I wasn't dissapointed . As has been pointed out, it has never really worked out for him for a variety of reasons . Injuries have hampered many a career and the wingers curse of inconsistency is another one .

Clark

Hooper, Higgins, Durnan, Holt

Carmichael, McShane, Kerr. Russell

Reilly, Lyle

Hooper should be givien a chance at fullback. He is a natural defender after all. Lyle should start ahead of Baird as Del is more of a goal threat. This won't be easy but we have a reasonable record up there and I'll go for a 3-1 Queens win.

Any pubs within easy walking distance of the ground and that will allow young kids in, a few wee drams would be nice pre match?

If you've got kids then The Old Brewery or The Bobbing John(weatherspoons) will be your best bets. The Station (my local) is a good pub but I'm not sure if kids are allowed in or not. They might get in the lounge or snug.

If you've got kids then The Old Brewery or The Bobbing John(weatherspoons) will be your best bets. The Station (my local) is a good pub but I'm not sure if kids are allowed in or not. They might get in the lounge or snug.

Cheers.

The station let's kids in sometimes as long as they sit down and don't run about and that

Please folks, leave the Cowden match threads alone. I assume you're all posting shite on them; don't know why else their poorest posters would be all over the Alloa threads like herpes on Paris Hilton.

Anything against the league's second-best team would be a bonus; unfortunately, they've probably spooged their charity points a week early for us, and ought to be back on form. Hopefully the lads have had a good break and are up for the fight tomorrow. Thinking it might be a good game :thumsup2

Last couple of winter games at the Rec have been the most b0ll0ck freezing games I have ever attended. I intend to wear a record number of layers to the game today; so, if you see a blue and white Mitchelin man rolling about on the ground, please help me up.

Ice Station Broadwood has nothing on Alloa. Is there underground freezing installed?

Archived