Alloa Athletic vs Queen of the South 27/12/14

Probably time to start chatting about this one. It is after all the most significant event taking place this week.

Queens will have Iain Russell back from suspension, who will go straight back into the team. Andy Dowie will serve the last of his two game ban. Do we put the Cowdenbeath result down as a bad day at the office, or should Fowler be ringing the changes for this one? Our options are fairly limited, with the fringe players not really making an impression. I'd go with the same team as Saturday, swapping Kiltie for Russell.

Thoughts?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Probably time to start chatting about this one. It is after all the most significant event taking place this week.

Queens will have Iain Russell back from suspension, who will go straight back into the team. Andy Dowie will serve the last of his two game ban. Do we put the Cowdenbeath result down as a bad day at the office, or should Fowler be ringing the changes for this one? Our options are fairly limited, with the fringe players not really making an impression. I'd go with the same team as Saturday, swapping Kiltie for Russell.

Thoughts?

Lyle for Baird and someone, possibly Fowler himself, for Kidd.

Was Fowler's last involvement as a player not at right back up in Kirkcaldy and he had a nightmare?

If we opt to drop Kidd, I'd prefer Hooper was given a chance. Kidd isn't going to improve coming in and out of the team all the time though. Look at the improvement in McShane's game since he got a consistent run in the team.

Was Fowler's last involvement as a player not at right back up in Kirkcaldy and he had a nightmare?

If we opt to drop Kidd, I'd prefer Hooper was given a chance. Kidd isn't going to improve coming in and out of the team all the time though. Look at the improvement in McShane's game since he got a consistent run in the team.

This. Kidd isnt a great full back but hes still better than any of the other options.

As you said in your first post, Russell in for Kiltie is likely to be the only change

This. Kidd isnt a great full back but hes still better than any of the other options.

As you said in your first post, Russell in for Kiltie is likely to be the only change

Agree with that. Fowler would be a bad mistake at right back. He has looked over the hill to me and added to that a personal lack of real match time . Keep Kidd in there or even consider young Hooper . Russell in for Kiltie but be looking to give Lyle at least half an hour to showcase his stuff . He should have been introduced earlier as Queens were crying out for his guile as frustration engulfed us in the 2nd half ------This Cowdenbeath result is still really irritating me some three days on. The chances squandered were horrific and we started the game very slowly which handed the initiative to Cowden. Even in a poor first half some gilt edged chances were wasted .Don't know if some of the team were believing the hype about them but we have to start games better than that. Grrrrrr, still mightily pissed off and looking to get off and running again.

Fair enough, Hooper then.

I just don't think I've yet seen Kidd impress. He's young though and I take your point about McShane. I'll even give McIntyre some grudging praise here as he clearly saw something there that few of the rest of us did and we're now benefiting from it.

That's a right good answer monkey tennis

Apologies.

No, I guess you're right. Had we scored our chances and run out as winners, I don't suppose any players' performances would have come in for particular scrutiny.

I don't think anyone wants to have a go at young players - their inclusion is to be welcomed as the team progresses. It did feel on Saturday though that we missed our suspended players.

McShane has shown us however what youngsters can achieve if faith is shown in them.

Kidd is ours and I'm willing to persevere with him because of that, or at least replace him with Hooper for the same reason.

Kiltie has so far looked a bit crap, and improving him will only benefit Kilmarnock. With Paton back I'd probably send him back to be honest. When is his loan up?

Kidd is ours and I'm willing to persevere with him because of that, or at least replace him with Hooper for the same reason.

Kiltie has so far looked a bit crap, and improving him will only benefit Kilmarnock. With Paton back I'd probably send him back to be honest. When is his loan up?

Bit harsh on Kiltie. He's been unlucky with injuries here. He wasn't great on Saturday, but few were.

He played well against Hearts here I thought.

Would snap your hand off for a draw. If we can take anything from this game It will be a positive result.

I noticed that Flannigan and Weatherstone have resumed light training, so that's some to look forward to.

Archived