Asian Cup 2015

Eednud

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The second half of the Qatar v Iran game is the first I've seen of the tournament, and it's been an all right game, although I did turn it on with quite low expectations. Iran the deserved winners from what I saw, could probably have scored another couple as well.

UAE opening goal against Bahrain was the fastest in Asian Cup history at 14 seconds. Their winning goal was a nifty header from a Bahraini defender. UAE, Iran, Australia & South Korea through to the Quarter Finals.

Only watched the 2nd half,, but Australia were unlucky. If only they had a decent striker, they would surely have won. Strange how Posteclogu dropped the front 3 who had scored 8 goals in 2 games though.

Exactly, surely in the toughest game in the group, in a game where you need at least a draw, you pick your strongest team? Of course maybe he thought this was.

China in the Quarters, then possibly/probably Japan in the Semi, possible rematch with South Korea in the Final?

Yeah, other semi is in Sydney!

That will piss the AFC & FFA off big time as Hunter Stadium in Newcastle has a maximum capacity of around 28,000 but if game in Sydney the crowd would be 60,000 plus for an Aussie semi. The smaller stadium might suit the Aussies though, assuming we can beat China.

Archived