Clarke Carlisle

ferryjambo

In the circumstances I'd be surprised if he makes a quick or perhaps any comeback to the media, but who knows.

It just goes to show the rippling unintended / envisaged consequences which one man's troubles can have on others.

When caught drink driving again, and incidentally despite his previous and lack of co-operation his punishment was another driving ban - plus 150hrs community service and £145 fine - he was swerving about the road, almost mounted the pavement, and nearly struck a lorry. Someone on foot or in another vehicle could have been hurt or even killed.

I can't remember the exact circumstance of his suicide attempt - e.g. if he'd left a note - but had it been successful it's quite possible the lorry driver or other motorists could've been hurt, and not impossible the driver might've faced charges if it looked like an accident or if he'd been driving too fast; and regardless of where blame was apportioned and whether the accident had proven fatal or not, who can predict the psychological impact on the driver.

Then you've this tragic situation where a passer-by has suffered trauma which looks to have contributed to him trying to take his life, but succeeding.

Very sad case all round.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well said Shaggro.

Brutal to hear.

f**k me gently, twice in a day!!! In all.seriousness, the spotlight is firmly back on Carlisle, which, it has to be said, appears to be the only time he can be a functioning (well, almost) human being. This c**t actually blames a cat call from a worky (something like 'you used to be..'.., i'm certainly not repeating his name again) as the spark of his 'downfall'....that's just great. A minted footballer can't give a labourer a bit of banter back, so an entire family pays the price.

Guarenteed that within 2-3 days Carlisle will somehow be making this story into a media scrum about him, his inner strength and so on and him fighting his demons.

He is ultimately responsible for this mans death and I'll bet no matter what he comes out and says in the media if anyone asks the question about how many times Carlisle has spoken or apologised to this man the answer will show him up as the scumbag he is.

Pretty sure the driver of the lorry that hit him got bits of glass in his eye, not sure what ever happened with that though

He should be held accountable for what he done, no doubt. You can't 'jail' him off the back of someone else killing themselves though.

No but for the multiple drink driving would have been a start and for being an attention seeking c**t the media could ignore him into the poverty and lack of attention he deserves

No but for the multiple drink driving would have been a start and for being an attention seeking c**t the media could ignore him into the poverty and lack of attention he deserves

Any chance I can get a loan of your pitch fork. I'm going to a lynching today.

I heard him on talksport a couple of months ago when he gave a long interview with Andy Goldstein and Jason Cundy. Important bit for me is from 15:00 onwards where he said walking in front of the lorry was the best option as the driver would get the support and counseling he might have needed. Bizzare.

http://talksport.com/football/andy-goldsteins-sports-bar-march-30-150331141756

We're often told that those who make such decisions do so when of extremely unsound mind. That this individual finds it acceptable to use language like 'best option' and discuss in detail what he believes will come of it, and the blatantly unapologetic demeanour, suggests that his previous employers were either guilty of a lack of duty of care, or he's hamming this up to f**k because the phone went silent, because even they believed he was an absolute dickhead, in which case there may have been a career in acting had he not been such a c**t about this whole affair.

The attention seeking p***k will find away to turn this story on its head so it's all a sympathy act for him. We will either hear the suicide troubles or somehow revert back to racism in a way

Send him down

• 2 years later...

Archived