Clarke Carlisle

ferryjambo

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly i cant go the guy. His position within the game down south reeks of entitlement, and all because he's black and can spell. As if no one else is and can do the same. He showed himself and the whole thing up after his wading into the race rows three years ago, alienating far more important role models for the message, and when his cushy world falls apart some poor lorry driver with real problems like mortgages and bills nearly has to scrape him off his grill. I hope he gets well enough to look the driver in the eye soon.

To think Burnley held a minute's applause for this guy. :lol:

Why shouldnt they have? Literally nobody knows anything about the recent drink driving incident in the slighest, and some papers are reporting it as being "just hours" before the truck incident despite it being about 40 hours before. Its speculation at its worst

• 1 month later...

Carlisle is admitting that he tried to top himself after getting the drink driving charge.

Nice of him to step in front of a lorry and potentially put the driver through hell, the selfish c**t.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/31142797

Heard him speaking about it this morning on the radio, was pretty chilling to hear what he was saying.

Heard him speaking about it this morning on the radio, was pretty chilling to hear what he was saying.

Did you hear him saying "I didn't want my kids to have a criminal dad"?

Surely having a criminal dad is better than having a dead dad. Although tbf, he does sound quite fucked in the head so rational thinking is probably out the window.

Did you hear him saying "I didn't want my kids to have a criminal dad"?

Surely having a criminal dad is better than having a dead dad. Although tbf, he does sound quite fucked in the head so rational thinking is probably out the window.

I did, followed by 'I knew I just had to die, I had to die' in a very strange peculiar way.

I understand suicide and depression are very serious things but he didn't speak like someone who was sad or upset about what had happened, the way he was talking about the incident was just totally strange.

Anyone know what the story is with Ralf Little and him by the way? Read an article about this this morning and it ended up with a line about how Little had apologised for his tweet about Carlisle.

Little's tweet deleted. What did it say?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/feb/05/clarke-carlisle-ralf-little-twitter?CMP=share_btn_tw

In a TwitLongerpost, Little later said he and Carlisle had “history” which involved “money, lies … and all sorts of other stuff”.

“I don’t feel sad for Clarke any more, I was drained of that some time ago. Of course I wish Clarke a strong recovery – and not just from the crash. It would be a better world if he and all other sufferers of such an insidious disease could find a way to fight the good fight. There comes a point where it’s just frustrating to witness someone constantly hammering the pattern of destruction for those around – and I was once one of those around – only to see the destructive force make a moving and sincere apology … then do it again.”

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/feb/05/clarke-carlisle-ralf-little-twitter?CMP=share_btn_tw

In a TwitLongerpost, Little later said he and Carlisle had “history” which involved “money, lies … and all sorts of other stuff”.

“I don’t feel sad for Clarke any more, I was drained of that some time ago. Of course I wish Clarke a strong recovery – and not just from the crash. It would be a better world if he and all other sufferers of such an insidious disease could find a way to fight the good fight. There comes a point where it’s just frustrating to witness someone constantly hammering the pattern of destruction for those around – and I was once one of those around – only to see the destructive force make a moving and sincere apology … then do it again.”

Cheers

Greenied for telling me, not because I agree with Ralf Little :ph34r:

People talking about this like Carlisle at the time was capable of rational thought is pretty amusing to see. You would think it'd be fairly obvious that he wasn't.

"Nice of him to step in front of a lorry and potentially put the driver through hell, the selfish c**t."

:lol:

"Nice of him to step in front of a lorry and potentially put the driver through hell, the selfish c**t."

I think this is a perfectly fair criticism. People who commit suicide do so after having made a conscious decision to do so - there are many ways to do this, and taking the option Carlisle did is indeed selfish, as it brings another individual into the situation.

Whether the decision to end his life was a rational oneis a separate issue. Having made the decision to do so, he chose a way which would indeed have adversely impacted the life of a completely innocent second party.

People talking about this like Carlisle at the time was capable of rational thought is pretty amusing to see. You would think it'd be fairly obvious that he wasn't.

Do you think depression is a valid excuse to ruin someone else's life?

Are you saying it wasn't a selfish act, New Dom Dom?

Whether the decision to end his life was a rational oneis a separate issue. Having made the decision to do so, he chose a way which would indeed have adversely impacted the life of a completely innocent second party.

I'm not really sure where I stand on this as I've never been in the position of wanting to kill myself (thankfully) but the way you've described that above comes across as quite a rational way of thinking (minus the kill yourself part). Would folk sit there and think "right, now I know I'm going to kill myself, what way can I do this that no one else will be affected?"? I'm not so sure someone who has decided they no longer want to live is really considering much at that moment. It's similar to when people say "didn't he think about his wife and kids that he was leaving behind, selfish c**t", we haven't the foggiest idea what he was thinking.

Archived