Cowden v Dumbarton 27/12

IMO the team put out yesterday just wasn't good enough. With the loan signings the 1st team squad was good enough now it is not.

Confidence must be shot in the team. If we don't get at a minimum someone capable of playing alongside Higgins then we are going to massively struggle for the rest of the season.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ignore the erses who criticise and believe in the team that lifted us at East end park we are the true support who will help you stay up

I think fans who have bought a season ticket are entitled to a level of criticism.As you will see from my threads I fully back Jimmy and I genuinely believe he will keep us up.

Some fans are just really passionate about the club and should not be referred to as erses,the last thing a club of Cowdenbeaths size should be doing is falling out with their own supporters.

Just because some fans criticise the team does not mean they do not support the team as they wouldn't be there week in week out.Some of the players need a rollicking once in a while.

Don't get me wrong some of the comments during yesterday's game directed at Jimmy were quite frankly slightly distasteful,dissapointing and mainly from the older supporter's

At this rate, in spite of the QOS result, we are going down. JN is not the man for us, we have zero fight and little quality. Our funds should have been put to better use but waste on shite like Campbell and Pat. Seriously, wtf was going on there?

Attitudes like that is not what we need when we are currently out of the relegation zone.

Where in the league do you want to be then if you want Jimmy out?Fighting for bloody promotion,I mean seriously we are out of the danger zone and if we can beat Raith Rovers then Livingston we are laughing.

As pointed out earlier it's a Marathon during a season and a long way to go.

Keep believing

If you can't enjoy being a Cowden fan this season then, quite frankly, when can you? We are clearly holding our own in a league containing some of the biggest clubs in the land. This is true once in a lifetime stuff. I certainly want it to last as long as possible and if that means scraping and clawing our way to 8th position then so be it.

Yes, we lost two brilliant strikers from last season but that's the harsh reality of following a club with a few hundred fans. We just have to go with what we've got this year. And so far we are on target to stay up. I'm not losing the head just because we lose a game to Dumbarton.

Shouting insults at the manager helps nobody. Old Jim has been around the block a few times and knows what he's doing.

Some good points made on here by both pro and anti JN camps but let's not resort to name calling because we have different points of view. We are not dunfermline fans !

I think Jimmy generally gets it right tactically but his signings have been awful.

Also his relationship with Makel seems dysfunctional. Lee is only in on tues and thurs nights and game day as he has full time job. So Jimmy spends most of the time with the players. That's different to how most clubs work and they don't seem to have any sort of relationship. I'm not convinced the players we have are playing for Jimmy as hard as they could. I would love to see the players having a bit of a fall out on the pitch but no one in the squad seems to have that mentality. Oh for a innes ritchie, Eric Archibald, or raymie Allan or even toorie , crabbit bad losers all of them.

January window is make or break. Kudos will be the only loan left and only one left to come plus any free agents we can pick up on any remaining budget.

All to play for as currently in 8th but the team needs strengthening.

Over to you Jimmy !

Whilst we are currently 8th which I assume is the target for the season we would be 10th were it not for the loan players and Colin Marshall. Jimmy proved with the right players he can get us to 8th. The problem is we don't have the right players now so need to strengthen with personnel who would be starting picks not squad players. This window will be make or break.

That was reasonably comfortable yesterday. The shocking surface made it difficult for both sides but strangely we coped with it far better than the home team.

Nish, Turner and Van Zanten were the stand outs for me. Special mention for Agnew who never misplaced a pass all day, sometimes he doesn't stand out as much but he keeps us ticking over. With all the money lumped on Kane I knew that big p***k would score first, doubled his tally for the season with that one. Glad to see him turn in a good performance cause to be honest he was due one. All round it was a very satisfying team performance.

I thought some of the criticism after the Falkirk game was harsh. In recent weeks we've beaten Livi, Alloa, Raith and Cowden and that's exactly what we need to do. Very pleasing indeed.

We are actually in a better position than we were at this time last season at the halfway stage, despite having a point less. Last season after 18 games going into the New Year game at Alloa we were in 9th place six points adrift of Dumbarton and six ahead of bottom side Morton.

Last season Pld 18 W 4 D 3 L 11 F 24 A 40 Pts 15

This season Pld 18 W 4 D 2 L 12 F 18 A 41 Pts 14

I can't see where that squad of players will pick up points - without Kudus and Gall we have absolutely nothing going forward. With only one more loan signing allowed its a real worry, there's not many free agents available in January - not good ones anyway.

I can't see where that squad of players will pick up points - without Kudus and Gall we have absolutely nothing going forward. With only one more loan signing allowed its a real worry, there's not many free agents available in January - not good ones anyway.

How are you so sure Kudus won't stay?

I've been told Kudus is staying in London due to his wife and their new child. He wants released by United.

Marshall is out of contract this month I'm sure?

Understandable on Kudus' part if true never heard that. He still has a year left on his United contract but I suppose they will come to some sort of arrangement.

Your right Marshall is signed until the start of the year.

interesting to see a change in tactics with the goal kicks. All season, they have been to Nish, but yesterday they were mainly to Fleming and occasionally Kane. This allowed Nish to play wider than normal.....may account for a more effective performance?

I wouldn't really make little sense at all. You will offer him more money and full time football. He's out of contract with us as well. It would make perfect sense.

Looking at him he does seem.very well travelled so perhaps isn't quite taken in with the prestige of playing in the championship this season.

What type of centre midfielder is he? Dunfermline fans were hoping for a bit of a hard man,ball winner, doesn't look like that sort of player.

Archived