Cowden v Dumbarton 27/12

I'm the first to say I'm not Nish's biggest fan BUT if he played well today then I'm genuinely chuffed for him. Did we play a different formation that normal?

Glad to get three points on the board. Would like to see all three loan signings back. As far as I understand Rodgers and Macdonald won't be going back to first team action so would be as well developing with us and Kane, I think he's a great prospect but unless St Johnstone are really struggling then another half season with us wouldn't be the worst idea.

Meant to say but missed it in my excitement, A fiend of mine is a reporter for Scotland on Sunday, a Saints fan and knows Tommy Wright. Kane is going back there in January. MacDonald's tweets today have a valedictory mood about them. That leaves Rogers whose situation seems unclear at the moment. I'd like to see him stay but Ewings is an able deputy. We could do with some strengthening in the windae and I'm sure Murray will have matters in hand in this regard.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought cowden were ok today and tried to play some attractive football. The 26 marshall stood out for me, he s a lot like the wee spanish midfielders; good touch and vision. Where did he come from?

Felt the game was quite open and cowden were never out of it until garys great free kick. Didnt think there was a foul in the build up to cowdens goal, though I'd have to ask where our CB's where when the ball comes in.

All sons players on form today; archie worked hard but should have scored after a fantasticpass from gary.

Thought cowden were ok today and tried to play some attractive football. The 26 marshall stood out for me, he s a lot like the wee spanish midfielders; good touch and vision. Where did he come from?

Felt the game was quite open and cowden were never out of it until garys great free kick. Didnt think there was a foul in the build up to cowdens goal, though I'd have to ask where our CB's where when the ball comes in.

All sons players on form today; archie worked hard but should have scored after a fantasticpass from gary.

The Vanuatu Premier League, via just about every country in between here and...well...Vanuatu

A fine all-round team performance and a very important three points. We took the initiative from the start of the match rather than the start of the second half, as with last week against Falkirk. Great goal from Nish (very good game today) and a terrific free-kick from Garry Fleming for the third. The back four and goalkeeper were rock solid. Thought Scott Linton did particularly well on his return from injury.

For me though the major factor in this improved performance was the return of Chris Turner to something like his best form in midfield. Added the steel and good use of the ball which we have lacked in the midfield area for a fair part of this season.

Felt the red card for O'Brien was harsh and a yellow would have been more suitable. Over the piece, however, thought the Sons were well worth their win. Cowden look to be badly missing John Armstrong. Analogous to Dumbarton missing Andy Graham for the first half of the season!

Kane is absolutely garbage and Milne once again contributed absolutely nothing. That strike force was as bad as I've seen.

actually thought milne had a decent game great movement and passing no one reading his runs into open space. No way red card for TOB. Goalkeeper mom for me

actually thought milne had a decent game great movement and passing no one reading his runs into open space. No way red card for TOB. Goalkeeper mom for me

Agreed, Thompson made some outstanding saves when the Cowden defence seemed to give up/ Pat Scullion came on.

Disappointing result but we will be above the relegation zone on New Year's Day and that's pretty good going for a club of Cowden's size. I would certainly have taken that before a ball was kicked.

We had the better of the first half but just didn't put the Dumbarton keeper under any serious pressure. Old pro Colin Nish was given a sniff of goal and rifled one high into the net to show how it's done. The worst part of the game for me was losing such a basic goal just after we had equalised. Sons ran riot towards the end once we were down to 10 men and they really should have scored another one or two.

But I firmly believe Jimmy Nic will keep us up. Ignore the erses who prefer to criticise the team rather than support it. We are very much in the race for survival. And we'll probably have the Rangers in our league again next year!

Disappointing result but we will be above the relegation zone on New Year's Day and that's pretty good going for a club of Cowden's size. I would certainly have taken that before a ball was kicked.

We had the better of the first half but just didn't put the Dumbarton keeper under any serious pressure. Old pro Colin Nish was given a sniff of goal and rifled one high into the net to show how it's done. The worst part of the game for me was losing such a basic goal just after we had equalised. Sons ran riot towards the end once we were down to 10 men and they really should have scored another one or two.

But I firmly believe Jimmy Nic will keep us up. Ignore the erses who prefer to criticise the team rather than support it. We are very much in the race for survival. And we'll probably have the Rangers in our league again next year!

ignore the erses who criticise and believe in the team that lifted us at East end park we are the true support who will help you stay up

ignore the erses who criticise and believe in the team that lifted us at East end park we are the true support who will help you stay up

So if we criticise the manager then we aren't real fans? Despite going to EVERY home AND away game?

It is worth pointing out that this isn't actually the team that "lifted us at East End Park". There's no Hemmings or Stewart and if it wasn't for them then we would be in League One. They haven't been replaced and that is at the core of our problems.

Some real roasters amongst the Cowden support. The game was barely a minute old when the negative shouts started. Every time the ball is passed back it's met with howls of derision! I recently witnessed a short triangular flurry of passes in the right back area greeted with the call of 'whats aw this Cowden!' From what I can see, it's cowdenbeath, they're punching above their weight, get off the managers back and get right behind the team and cut out the neanderthal shouting.

Had the better of the first half?!? What. Campbell missed a sitter and we created f**k all. Milne hides in games because its the easy thing to do.

Every Cowden fan I spoke to www disgusted with the performance - as was Donald who stopped the man of the match announcement due to his disgust.

Still bemused about the Nicholl and Makel situation. Do they dislike each other? Never seen a more divided bench. The Dumbarton bench were in unison constantly.

At this rate, in spite of the QOS result, we are going down. JN is not the man for us, we have zero fight and little quality. Our funds should have been put to better use but waste on shite like Campbell and Pat. Seriously, wtf was going on there?

Have to say that your assertion that you had the better of the first half doesn't bear scrutiny. Nish was close with another one in the first half and Sons had the Cowden goal under pressure. I think the one Campbell missed was ruled offside anyway but it didn't look it from where we were (almost in line). According to the BBC stats it was 11 shots on target for Sons to Cowden's 6 and it was 9 corners to 2 to the away side. That, and of course the 3-1 scoreline, pretty much sums up the match http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30559312

Forget Hearts, Hibs and Rangers, but if some fans are happy to accept defeat at home to fellow part timers by living off one afternoon at East End Park that's just crazy. Yes we are 8th due to the splendid win last week, but after yesterday's results Raith and Dumbarton have all moved further ahead, Alloa have gained on us, and Livingston's 5 point deduction has helped us slightly. Will have to see who Jimmy will bring in Jan, if it will make a difference. If we are lying bottom come March/April will these fans calling some fans erses and roasters still be backing Jimmy?

tight game in first half with sons more aggressive than usual but cowden trying to play a more passing game despite the ploughed field without really threatening. sons scoring so soon after equaliser changed whole game and by end could have been a lot more.

i thought ct dvz and marco van nish were best in an overall pleasing output from sons. cowden no 8 found great space in firdt half even if final output let him down.

Archived