Cowden v Dumbarton 27/12

we are talking about todays game though mate. We had 5 starters out. Next game is in transfer window when loans may go back but new players may arrive. We really need 2 attack minded players plus our 3 injured defenders back.

In his after match talk with the press Jimmy mentioned that he had players lined up.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The bench today :

Campbell - Jimmy's signing.

Jurisic - Jimmy's signing.

Brownlie - Jimmy's signing.

Callaghan - youth.

Lynas - youth.

Scullion - Jimmy's signing.

Sneddon - youth.

How many of those players are good enough? ONE!!! Darren Brownlie is the only player on that bench who you would consider Championship quality. I've no problem with youth players making up the bench if they are challenging for a starting place but they're not. They're not good enough.

In terms of today's starting XI, Chris Kane is brutal and Lewis Milne is a luxury player who we can't afford at the moment. He is a passenger for 85 minutes of the game.

One of the most enjoyable away days in a while. Fleming's goal was something else, and we should have added a good few more. Rogers' save at 1-1 was top class, and Nish was absolutely incredible; a really classy performance.

Fantastic win, very pleasing.

Robbie made another three blinding goal saves today if you see what I mean.

The pitch stuffed cowden as much as anything else today. Too heavy for the passing game that has done us so well in the last few weeks. Dumbo's keep it off the deck approach far more effective.

Not sure about every single play coming through marshall. Bit of variety and playing on some of the pace we have would at least be a variation.

Two soft goals to give away. Especially the second after having got back in the game.

ToB never a red card.

P.s. why is it that every time we play Dumbarton it feels like they get the break of the ball?

No argument Dumbarton deserve three points today and great free kick from Fleming.

Totally agree with the bench but if the 5 unavailable are available then only brownlie and a gk is needed of that list for the bench. We are cowden, we can't afford 22 players of equal quality.

So are you saying that there aren't better (realistic) players out there than Campbell, Jurisic and Scullion? We have wasted wages on the first players that Jimmy has pulled out of the past or seen on YouTube.

He is so out of touch with the modern game and current players. This point has been raised before but he turned down Greig Spence, who wanted to come to Cowden.

I'm the first to say I'm not Nish's biggest fan BUT if he played well today then I'm genuinely chuffed for him. Did we play a different formation that normal?

Glad to get three points on the board. Would like to see all three loan signings back. As far as I understand Rodgers and Macdonald won't be going back to first team action so would be as well developing with us and Kane, I think he's a great prospect but unless St Johnstone are really struggling then another half season with us wouldn't be the worst idea.

Just what we expected. Today and the next two games were the perfect opportunity to move clear off the bottom two and we are going to make a complete f*** up of it.

The team without the loan players is woeful in most areas of the park. Why do we always manage to get it so badly wrong when a great opportunity arises??

The only plus from today is that TOB will not play in the next two games.

I'm the first to say I'm not Nish's biggest fan BUT if he played well today then I'm genuinely chuffed for him. Did we play a different formation that normal?

Glad to get three points on the board. Would like to see all three loan signings back. As far as I understand Rodgers and Macdonald won't be going back to first team action so would be as well developing with us and Kane, I think he's a great prospect but unless St Johnstone are really struggling then another half season with us wouldn't be the worst idea.

I'm certainly not a Nish fan but the big man was immense today and only the post and a parry by the Cowden 'keeper prevented him from scoring a hat trick.

Linton seemed to relish his appearance against his old team and what a goal from the free kick by Fleming.

Sons never looked like losing this one and that's 16 points out of the last 18 against our rivals at the bottom. Survival form.

Very pleasing.

We were shite before Kudus and Gall arrived and we are shite after they have departed. The reality is we have to live with this squad - frankly I don't trust Nicholl to sign a decent player. I won't be giving him anymore money to sign players.

We were told staying up was essential the club to survive. What have we achieved? An awful squad on ridiculously high wages and that's it.

The pitch stuffed cowden as much as anything else today. Too heavy for the passing game that has done us so well in the last few weeks. Dumbo's keep it off the deck approach far more effective.

Two soft goals to give away. Especially the second after having got back in the game.

ToB never a red card.

P.s. why is it that every time we play Dumbarton it feels like they get the break of the ball?

No argument Dumbarton deserve three points today and great free kick from Fleming.

Always one trying... hoofball and all that nonsense. I thought we played some really good football today, especially on that surface. Dealt with it better than the home side which was the difference.

The red card is a difficult one. Would have felt hard done by if it was against us, but he was the last man and denied a clear scoring opportunity.

Least we can agree that the free kick was a topper! Great team performance today :)

Kane, I think he's a great prospect but unless St Johnstone are really struggling then another half season with us wouldn't be the worst idea.

We're not struggling anymore. We do massively lack options from the bench though, and MacLeans injury record is fairly poor, so Kane will be needed at us

Archived