Cowden v Dumbarton 27/12

muzz mate, you cant just say i am wrong. We both have different views yes. The cowden support for 1 so tiny does alot yes so in that regard its a great wee support. there is a percentage of our support that just don't really seem to want jimmy. Even when we humped the pars it wasnt due to jimmy they say, it was greg and kane. the shouts 2nd half on sat were out of order and theres no way you can change my opinion of that. We both want the same things really, although 8th is all i want this season. We are cowden. Just have a look around. This seasons championship is incredibly tough and we are never gona cruise in mid table. There have been some bad days and will be more this season. 1 more point than 9th is all that matters. We can do it.

It's the eve of a new year and a fresh start and normally time to cast off some of the baggage of the past. I write here as an individual Cowden fan who like everyone else is entitled to have a view and wants the club to prosper. Al, the anti-Jimmy stuff from a percentage of the support you highlight just seems to be due to a rather silly bias. There has been invented a scenario where Jimmy got us relegated and then abandoned us that some folks have nurtured. The truth is Jimmy did an OK job that first season given the chaos and loss of players at the time he came in. We could have won the play off but didn't but we already had the foundation of a team that would bounce back as champions. Jimmy was under contract for another month or so then but then in the lower league CFC would pay a lower salary. Kilmarnock came along and an entirely amicable arrangement was made so Jimmy could go there after the club had already lined up Colin Cameron with Jimmy's endorsement.

Since Jimmy came back a few folks then have resorted to propaganda based on exaggeration or just fanciful views - Jimmy deliberately wanted us to have an awful pitch at Central Park in 2010/11, he is a dinosaur/too old, he filled the team with 40 year olds, he has no idea re tactics.

Endlessly going on about signings is by now a rather boring and tired subject - virtually every manager I have ever seen at Cowden has had a few clunkers - Colin had Zeph and Liam Cusack (who we paid a fee for) for example. Off the top of my head, Jimmy though did sign Greg Stewart, Marc McKenzie, Lewis Coult, Thomas Flynn, Robbie Thomson, Sean Higgins, Colin Marshall, Colin Cameron, plus a number of good loan players all of whom did a job for Cowden.

Sure he's made mistakes - every manager does.

Al you also mentioned that the club was perhaps a bit 'ignorant' in not updating re off field progress after last year. Confidentiality requirements though mean not everything can be shared. If you want to buy anything though apart from having the funding both parties need to agree on a price.

I don't know who Cowden316 is but would commend his positive approach - pull together and do all you can to help the cause is my fan's view - that's not happy clappy in the slightest - it's normally the most effective course of action. Criticism has its place but needs to be grounded in reality if it is to be helpful and of benefit.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The performance against Dumbarton wasn't that bad. When we equalised, the game could easily have gone either way but Sons quickly got their noses in front again and once TOB was red carded there was no way back for us (although we did keep throwing men forward).

We have no divine right to beat the other part time clubs at home. I don't actually care where our points come from. They all count at the end if the day. Somebody said we have spent 4 of the last 5 seasons in the Championship. That is a phenomenal record for a club like Cowden. In none of these seasons were we seriously out of our depth.

It really doesn't get much better than this. I am totally looking forward to the New Year game against the Rovers.

Negative comments will always be shouted during a game especially when people are passionate about the club. I can be guilty (never abusive) but that doesn't mean than I am anti management. I rate Jimmy and getting rid would be wrong. Sometimes confusion over selection fir example (Brownie on bench and TOB at CB when he can push up with midfield issues) can 'be frustrating but that's Jimmys choice. Still difficult not to shout for sub etc if you care.

This is a great period for us and must be enjoyed but it is always important to set sights high just as our chairman demands and expects. I will never forget the trips to Arbroath in blizzard conditions with big Maloney frozen between the sticks with 9 others such as Jimmy and Charlie Gronback, or the celebrations when we move from the bottom of the 3rd at Montrose on the last day. We were world beaters as we beat Livi the new giants with a Bowmaker worldly who kicked the corner flag the following home game taking a corner. These are great memories but we are now in a place we could only see as a dream years back. This period should be enjoyed but let's move on and come together against Raith and look to win and build for further success.

It's the eve of a new year and a fresh start and normally time to cast off some of the baggage of the past. I write here as an individual Cowden fan who like everyone else is entitled to have a view and wants the club to prosper. Al, the anti-Jimmy stuff from a percentage of the support you highlight just seems to be due to a rather silly bias. There has been invented a scenario where Jimmy got us relegated and then abandoned us that some folks have nurtured. The truth is Jimmy did an OK job that first season given the chaos and loss of players at the time he came in. We could have won the play off but didn't but we already had the foundation of a team that would bounce back as champions. Jimmy was under contract for another month or so then but then in the lower league CFC would pay a lower salary. Kilmarnock came along and an entirely amicable arrangement was made so Jimmy could go there after the club had already lined up Colin Cameron with Jimmy's endorsement.

Since Jimmy came back a few folks then have resorted to propaganda based on exaggeration or just fanciful views - Jimmy deliberately wanted us to have an awful pitch at Central Park in 2010/11, he is a dinosaur/too old, he filled the team with 40 year olds, he has no idea re tactics.

Endlessly going on about signings is by now a rather boring and tired subject - virtually every manager I have ever seen at Cowden has had a few clunkers - Colin had Zeph and Liam Cusack (who we paid a fee for) for example. Off the top of my head, Jimmy though did sign Greg Stewart, Marc McKenzie, Lewis Coult, Thomas Flynn, Robbie Thomson, Sean Higgins, Colin Marshall, Colin Cameron, plus a number of good loan players all of whom did a job for Cowden.

Sure he's made mistakes - every manager does.

Al you also mentioned that the club was perhaps a bit 'ignorant' in not updating re off field progress after last year. Confidentiality requirements though mean not everything can be shared. If you want to buy anything though apart from having the funding both parties need to agree on a price.

I don't know who Cowden316 is but would commend his positive approach - pull together and do all you can to help the cause is my fan's view - that's not happy clappy in the slightest - it's normally the most effective course of action. Criticism has its place but needs to be grounded in reality if it is to be helpful and of benefit.

Well said David

Hopefully he gets his chance at Rangers if he's back there to stay. Not much point in taking him back if they're not going to play him. Better him than some of the under performing senior players for sure.

I would like to think that Calum would get a chance on his return to them as you say no point in him just sitting in the stand on a Saturday.

Archived