Cowden v Dumbarton 27/12

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marshall can go tbh as far as i am concerned. With chopper coming back tob can hold midfield and maybe be a bit less pedestrian going forward. And even if not brownlie can play in a 4 until chops comes back in a 3.

First few games thought marshall was the new fowler. Now it seems he is the new beckenbaur. But not beckenbaur. And no longer fowler.

Marshall is one of the few signings that Nicholl has got right. He sits just in front of the defence, breaks up play and also looks to built from the back. He has some amount of pace on him as well. Looks like he gives a f**k which is nice.

That's what got me. Looked like no one cares.

Looking at him he does seem.very well travelled so perhaps isn't quite taken in with the prestige of playing in the championship this season.

What type of centre midfielder is he? Dunfermline fans were hoping for a bit of a hard man,ball winner, doesn't look like that sort of player.

Sounds like you are looking for Andy Geggan? Isn't he up to scratch at the moment?

Should have been a booking but never a red card. Stonking finish from the free kick though. Perfect placement and no way Thompson could save it.

At the time I thought it was worth a booking, the boy was running away from the goal after all. As you say a well executed free kick from Fleming.

If you pull someone down from a corner you are preventing a goal scoring opportunity. It has to be a clear one, I don't see how that is, he has so much to do and is heading away from goal.

Made no difference to the result, just annoying as we have a good disciplinary record and we get one like that - different if we were winning and he fouled someone to prevent an equaliser.

Yes, it looked a bit harsh as I don't think he was the last man. However, did he prevent a goal scoring opportunity?

Who'd be a Ref nowadays, eh?

If he did it would have been some goal as he was running away from it and there were other defenders coming back to cover.

Archived