Glasgow City Centre Crash

1320Lichtie

I don't know Glasgow all that well - would I be right in thinking this lorry has traveled right past the Counting House Pub ?

Yes. The police are saying it travelled for 300m on the pavement so it must have started just before Royal Exchange Sq and all the way to the hotel.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cop interviewed mentioned a criminal investigation, and refused to comment on the condition of the driver asides from him being treated in hospital. I hope to fk he wasn't drunk.

Doesn't mean anything. As I said earlier, all road accidents are treated as crimes until ruled otherwise.

Guys run around those lorries picking up rubbish, they would get him telt if they had the slightest worry.

Most likely some kind of fit, heart problem or black out.

Doesn't mean anything. As I said earlier, all road accidents are treated as crimes until ruled otherwise.

As I said, hope you're both right.

Was in the City Centre when this happened, luckily no where close. Tbh I didn't know or hear anything other than there had been a accident in George Square and I walked home. Fucking dreadful tragedy, had family in the town shopping who are fortunately alright. Waiting to hear back from the missus who works in the town, don't think she will have been there mind, but you cent help but worry

If the lorry was working at the lane to pick up rubbish from the south side of Royal Exchange Square it would have travelled 250m until it hit the hotel. This makes sense if there was an argument with a taxi driver since they often pick up there (is it an official rank?) so they can go along Ingram Street instead of around the George Square.

Utterly horrific accident. If the driver has had a medical incident there couldn't have been a worse time or place.

"Six people who went out to finish their Christmas shopping today will not be going home tonight"

Thanks for that lovely and completely unnecessary sentiment, Sky News.

Are you seriously copy and pasting other people's posts from this very serious thread onto another forum for brownie points? Have a fucking word with yourself.

Are you seriously copy and pasting other people's posts from this very serious thread onto another forum for brownie points? Have a fucking word with yourself.

Not saying you're wrong, but isn't there a chance he posts on more than just this forum?

EDIT: Never mind, read that wrongly.

My daughter and her boyfriend were in town and getting off the train at Queen Street around this time, possibly going ice skating at the Square. My wife had dropped them at this end. When my youngest told me what was happening, I didn't initially equate then realised what was possible. When I first called, it rang out and I thought I might pass out. She then called to say she was okay.

I am still pretty badly shaken so cannot imagine how those who are affected or can't reach loved ones must be coping. Absolutely horrific. Heartbreaking.

He's claiming it was going at 70mph now. Where the fk did he get that from?

Rupert Murdoch and the tabloid news. Shameful. The lorry is limited to 50(ish) IIRC, poor reporting and trying to find somebody to blame in what (looks like) a terrible accident.

He's taking other people's posts of sympathy from here and posting them verbatim on a Hibs forum for some bizarre reason.

Really? Fucking hell. :blink:

Some absolutely ghoulish behaviour from the media as you'd expect with the general public managing to completely overshadow them by taking their photos of the carnage to share wherever they can. What the hell is wrong with people?

Archived