Glasgow City Centre Crash

1320Lichtie

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think getting any injured people out of the way is more important than moving the truck that caused it.

They won't move it anyway, likely not until tomorrow. All RTAs are treated as criminal investigations until ruled otherwise, so they would be disturbing a potential crime scene if they moved it.

Sky News need to have a word with themselves. On the other side this has brought out a lot of the spirit of Glasgow, sadly getitng too used to seeing tragedies like this. Touch of class here from former professional David Farrell:

FfnKnZT.png

It was a corpy bin motor. How long for would it take you to work it out.

I more meant they had to field the questions in the first place although it's the sort of attack they have been saying to expect (i.e. attacking innocents in the street) so can see why people might have wondered.

Just seen some of the coverage and fucking hell.

Only thing Sky are missing is to advertise their movies and football over Christmas at the end of every segment, the odious welts.

Don't give them ideas.

Police are also asking anyone who is in Glasgow City centre to let their family know they are ok to help ease the strain on their phone lines.

There'll be a few folk getting it in the ear tonight about not having their phone charged / turned on silent no doubt. Horrible for families trying to phone them too knowing there's a chance it could be them. Just horrible all round of course.

Cop interviewed mentioned a criminal investigation, and refused to comment on the condition of the driver asides from him being treated in hospital. I hope to fk he wasn't drunk.

Guys run around those lorries picking up rubbish, they would get him telt if they had the slightest worry.

Most likely some kind of fit, heart problem or black out.

Yes, it would have gone past the Counting House.

Terrible, terrible news.

I actually saw someone getting hit by a bus on Queen Street a few years ago and it was pretty horrible. I was convinced he must have been killed as he went right under but I think he actually survived.

Just seeing something like that is bad enough and can really rattle you but something like this is on a different scale.

Sympathies go out to everyone involved.

Archived