Glasgow City Centre Crash

1320Lichtie

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he tweeted that before the details of 6 dead mind, then removed it when things became clearer. Its @Northumbriapol that are investigating the tweet, which although the lad needs a slap, is a tad too far for me

That's a pretty poor excuse if that's what he is going with. Going on his tweet, he is under the impression that one hundred people were hit by a bin lorry, surely even the thickest of person would know that wouldn't end well.

My Facebook is full of the faux outrage about how they would love to get their hands on him and what not, aye it's a pretty sick what he has done, but unless this tragedy personally affects you, the lynch mob mentality is way over the top.

Its extremely hypocritical to have a go at people making jokes out of it, you only have to look at the 3 or 4 pages of cricket puns after Philip Hughes death. I don't have a problem with folk making jokes in either situation, these jokes would be made anyway, twitter just makes them public. Folk will be going on to that guys twitter in order to be offended, they should just leave him alone.

If the police want to get involved in that then they could make about two dozen arrests from a P&B thread after every major tragedy (except one on our own doorstep of course when everybody gets a lot more sensitive for some (hypocritical) reason).

Exactly this. I personally hate P&B threads about disasters/accidents where people have died because they're always full of pretty poor jokes. But I'm not too bothered if some choose to do it, I only get annoyed when the same hypocritical people then come out with the RIP chat because it's in the UK somewhere. At least Sergeant Wilson is consistently a c**t across the board.

My ICT lecturer in college was saying how easy it is to get into bother online now. A guy he knew got fined and has a criminal record now for calling his ex wife a cheating turnip on FB. The policeman at the campus told him they have a database with everyone's online details on it I.e Twitter,FB, probably on here too and if you are online talking about popping pills, fighting with someone ect they add it to your online profile . They'd have a field day on here even though 99% of this site is just a piss take

Its extremely hypocritical to have a go at people making jokes out of it, you only have to look at the 3 or 4 pages of cricket puns after Philip Hughes death. I don't have a problem with folk making jokes in either situation, these jokes would be made anyway, twitter just makes them public. Folk will be going on to that guys twitter in order to be offended, they should just leave him alone.

That's bowled me over. We can't turn blind to this lads. Nice appeal, sparky.

My ICT lecturer in college was saying how easy it is to get into bother online now. A guy he knew got fined and has a criminal record now for calling his ex wife a cheating turnip on FB. The policeman at the campus told him they have a database with everyone's online details on it I.e Twitter,FB, probably on here too and if you are online talking about popping pills, fighting with someone ect they add it to your online profile . They'd have a field day on here even though 99% of this site is just a piss take

Your lecturer's wrong. They'd wade through so much shite mate. Widnae be fined for that.

Latest report suggesting 3 in the cab including the driver who although slumped was lucid at the conclusion of the incident.

Obviously these things happen quickly but hard to understand how no one managed to pull a handbrake, knock it into neutral/park or even forcibly get the driver off the accelerator

Latest report suggesting 3 in the cab including the driver who although slumped was lucid at the conclusion of the incident.

Obviously these things happen quickly but hard to understand how no one managed to pull a handbrake, knock it into neutral/park or even forcibly get the driver off the accelerator

somebody explained earlier why that'd be difficult

somebody explained earlier why that'd be difficult

I've no doubt it would be difficult but you're kind of hoping that 2 presumably fit and athletic bin men would have been capable of forcing the driver off the accelerator after it hit the first person. Ultimately no one was there so it's easy to say this.

What I would say is this is the 2nd run away bin lorry that has ended in fatalities in Scotland within a month which suggests something needs to be designed into prevent such circumstances. An emergency stop button for example in the cab on the passengers area

Hopefully mate.

Dunno if he was just trying to freak everyone out.

I reckon there must be much higher online surveillance now , with all the online bullying n stuff that goes on.

It may well be possible but totally lacking feasibility to do. The police only pull that info together when they have need too.

and next to the drivers door.

Exactly this. I personally hate P&B threads about disasters/accidents where people have died because they're always full of pretty poor jokes. But I'm not too bothered if some choose to do it, I only get annoyed when the same hypocritical people then come out with the RIP chat because it's in the UK somewhere. At least Sergeant Wilson is consistently a c**t across the board.

Faux outrage at tweet. Faux Outrage at Faux Outrage, cycle continues.

Archived