Glasgow City Centre Crash

1320Lichtie

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's on days like this one I wish Div would rename the general nonsense forum to general discussion or something.

A horrible day, hopefully no-one on here will be directly affected by what has happened today.

Yeah, that was my first thought too. :huh:

Things like this should make us think about donating blood.It's easy.If I can do it then most can, and I'm a 53 year old woman who hates needles!!

Stocks of blood are adequate for now and a surplus would lead to waste, though it's always a good idea to keep an eye on the media releases. If stocks are getting low, they'll advertise it.

Most horrific thing I've ever seen.

I was walking towards George Square, saw an ambulance but thought nothing of it. When I arrived at the square it was chaos. Can't have been more than 10 minutes after the accident.

Carnage is the only word I could use to describe it. Body parts, guts and blood over the road, traffic lights knocked down, bits of car everywhere.

There were some members of the public attending to someone in the middle of the junction and a female body a couple of yards away from that.

Can't imagine what the friends and family of the victims of this tragedy are going through, there's no good time to go but this has to be the worst.

You make a good point, people should never be discouraged from helping, I think skills like first aid etc should be compulsory in schools. As long as people are ok with letting emergency services take over when they arrive and they stick around to give their details I don't think any cop/paramedic etc will ever criticise someone helping. I also agree with your second point, but I suppose it's probably a question best considered away from this topic to ask what makes people think bringing the phone out to film at a time of crisis is an acceptable response, is it society?is it an individual thing? Is it panic? Just something I've always wondered.

Your colleagues are now requesting that people send in their photos and videos of the incident as part of the investigation, so at least there's some use for them!

From the sounds of reports, i don't think we can expect anymore casualties

Yeah sounds pretty clear this is true, which is incredible considering what happened. Had assumed it would be more when I first heard tbh

Also its been pretty much confirmed the Lorry driver had collapsed at the wheel, I really, really hope he gets support if he survives, as some complete c***s out there will blame him for all this.

There is some use to them yes, but the point I'm making seems to be lost on you.

Erm, no. I don't think trying to be the first person to get a photo on Twitter is ever the right thing to do and I'll never understand why that would be someone's initial thought. As I said previously, I find it ghoulish. I'm merely pointing out that these things do now have a use. Calm down. :blink:

I assumed Queen St and George Square will be covered with cctv.

I seem to remember cctv footage catching Danny Swanson getting knocked out and Goodwillie giving the slap a bit of a slapping afterwards

Just because they ask for videos doesn't mean they are saying it's the right thing it's just a practical realisation of the world we love in.

I think it's you that's missing the point here. I've never said the police are endorsing the act of filming such incidents. I am agreeing with you. The videos exist and if they provide insight and evidence then they absolutely should use them to their advantage.

Archived