Glasgow City Centre Crash

1320Lichtie

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Harsh, even by your standard, Sarge.Not sure many people think logically at times like this. The other side of the coin, of course, is why would anyone seek refuge on the cesspit that is P&B when they are concerned about the well-being of a loved one. Terrible event, whichever way you choose to look at it. RIP.

Probably best to take this element of it on to PTTGOYN thread.

Who was the total sociopath, Karen whatever, getting interviewed off John McKay.....giving it 'lets wait to hear from professionals, not unreliable bystsnders'. For the love of Christ of Palestine, some people. The Turkish/Arab guy who caught the whole fallout in his phone and remained composed despite blatantly reeling from the events in front of him, and the wee 17/18 year old boy done themselves proud. As expected Mackay the only reporter there to emerge with any credit. Bird is worse than Matthews.

Jacky Bird with a great question there to a witness - "was there much panic?". FFS why do they ask these fucking stupid questions?

to fill in air time because they have less information than the viewer who has the internet at their fingertips.

One Celtic fan was fucking quick off in making their tribute in to the "victims of George Square", complete with club badge. Nothing wrong with posting something to show your respect but why need for the badge? What's that got to do with anything? Wankers.

Thankfully got a call earlier from my mum who had been out with her sisters for their monthly get together. They always head to millennium hotel for lunch.

Luckily they had moved on before it happened.

Thoughts, not just with the family and friends involved, but the emergency services, many of whom won't have long come out of counselling after last years tragic accident.

I find it odd that if there is genuine concern anyone would post on here rather than try to reach the person or someone who would know.

Her mobile was ringing out, i couldnt get in touch with my aunt or my dad to get her land line number or find out if they knew. So i was trying to get in touch with any of them and in the mean time between calls i was watching the the news and i was getting worried, have you never felt like speaking out when your concerned? Seems like needless nitpicking.

Eight folk were injured on top of those who died.

It's a damn near miracle that much more weren't injured.

hard to believe tbh, what does one of they lorry's weigh? 15tonnes? to think it could have been going as fast as 50mph and at that weight it would literally crush anything

if its true about the 3 weans being involved then they didnt stand a chance, poor souls

Eight folk were injured on top of those who died.

It's a damn near miracle that much more weren't injured.

I was thinking about that - in the path it took there's only that one block where Pizza Express and D'Nisi's are that are really built up on both sides. If you were lucky enough to have seen it coming your way in time, the open space in Royal Exchange Square and George Square offer more chances to get out the way, whereas if it had happened somewhere really boxed in by buildings like Union Street or even the other end of Queen Street it could have ended even worse than it has done in terms of casualties.

Her mobile was ringing out, i couldnt get in touch with my aunt or my dad to get her land line number or find out if they knew. So i was trying to get in touch with any of them and in the mean time between calls i was watching the the news and i was getting worried, have you never felt like speaking out when your concerned? Seems like needless nitpicking.

Of course I have, just not on the Internet in those circumstances. What made you think she'd be there?

Look at dave j post, he had reason.

I was thinking about that - in the path it took there's only that one block where Pizza Express and D'Nisi's are that are really built up on both sides. If you were lucky enough to have seen it coming your way in time, the open space in Royal Exchange Square and George Square offer more chances to get out the way, whereas if it had happened somewhere really boxed in by buildings like Union Street or even the other end of Queen Street it could have ended even worse than it has done in terms of casualties.

I'd probably be walking in front of it with headphones on.

the counting house would likely have been really busy as well, especially if people were outside smoking

Archived