• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1419424437.855618.jpg

We got this through the door from Queens Park.

Another good way they engage with the local community and hopefully it gets more kids along to the game as well.

My sister lives in Mount Florida so I've told her to keep an eye out for this! Seems as if QP are trying to get as many folk in for this one as possible - fair play. Hopefully they'll all be Clyde fans by the end of it though 8)

Agree that someone doing something is positive, but there's a reason 80% of the other clubs do/can not. Giving something back is one thing, as Rovers did with part of last season's Cup dosh, but not all of us are in position to reward everyone in our postcode with freebies, and perhaps hope they come back for more. If it helps get a properly decent crowd for the only proper derby and properly historic fixture in the division then great, everyone's a winner, but its not as if any other club could replicate it off the cuff two or three times a season. Once upon a time Clyde laid on free buses from various points to help.people get to games....hopefully these gestures embarrass other clubs into doing something nice.

24 replies in and Shaggro makes his long awaited debut on this thread, only to f**k it up by typically spending more time finding negatives to moan about than was spent accentuating the positive. Bet Christmas is proving to be a real bundle of fun in this joker's midden, and so glad I took a couple of minutes out to share in his festive joy.

The sad thing is, with 600,000 in Glasgow, maybe 1500 will come along whilst the rest will kid on that they're fitba fans by watching Sky. p***ks.

Hopefully a good few come along on the 3rd and decide to come back. At £2 for concessions and a quid for kids every week, it's a better bargain than DFS sofas.

24 replies in and Shaggro makes his long awaited debut on this thread, only to f**k it up by typically spending more time finding negatives to moan about than was spent accentuating the positive. Bet Christmas is proving to be a real bundle of fun in this joker's midden, and so glad I took a couple of minutes out to share in his festive joy.

The festive cheer in my hoose wouldn't be dictated by what freebie a football club dishing out might be snapped up or sneered at. Good job it isn't anyway, its best not to let shite football teams' performances decide the mood of a family environment. Take it as negative if you like, its your day, your locals who were as put out as anyone, and something back is to be applauded. The idea though that if every club tried it 'once or twice' as suggested, it would be as relevant or as publicised is just not workable. Rovers took full advantage of quite possibly worldwide attention last year (season ticket deals, pay what you think it worth etc) and QP doing likewise after a similarly big thing that happened in your stadium. Clyde never even bothered marking either 75th anniversary of first Cup win or 20 years at Broadwood this year, at least your lot have a sense of occasion and want people to mark it with them. I might even buy a commemorative programme myself.

as the Club seem to be making a big effort (and rightly so!) to promote this game, hopefully they'll go the extra mile and produce a hard copy programme for this one as there will be an increased demand, using the excuse (as if one were needed) that the online ones were temporary while we were away, but tbh I'd be surprised if they do

No to contradict you belief that i'm a miserable bugger, but imo they've done more than enough. If such a programme is issued, then simply make enough and a little more for those of you who trekked to Airdrie....again, after all, its your day. If i could lay my hands on one myself, i would.

The sad thing is, with 600,000 in Glasgow, maybe 1500 will come along whilst the rest will kid on that they're fitba fans by watching Sky. p***ks.

Hopefully a good few come along on the 3rd and decide to come back. At £2 for concessions and a quid for kids every week, it's a better bargain than DFS sofas.

If 1500 turn up you're till will melt.

The club got a bit of stick about arrangements before we left so in equal measures they should be applauded for the pricing and local initiatives. It promises to be a great day and despite the league positions I expect it to be a tight game with thrills and spills at both ends. Clyde fans will play their part, no doubt. And for anyone not interested in football you can play the 'How many times does Gus throw a fit' game :)

If 1500 turn up you're till will melt.

The club got a bit of stick about arrangements before we left so in equal measures they should be applauded for the pricing and local initiatives. It promises to be a great day and despite the league positions I expect it to be a tight game with thrills and spills at both ends. Clyde fans will play their part, no doubt. And for anyone not interested in football you can play the 'How many times does Gus throw a fit' game :)

Would be amazed if it was anything near 1500.

Archived