Real Fitbaw

Hertha_BJFC

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be wise but not sure there is an actual ban.

This is definitely banned, however some players probably wear them anyway on the fly. I refuse to wear blades on any surface as dont like them & I still ruptured my posterior cruciate as studs got stuck when guy hit me on 3g.

The big thing for me with 3g is that its like playing on summer pitches all year round. Sore on the joints!

This is definitely banned, however some players probably wear them anyway on the fly. I refuse to wear blades on any surface as dont like them & I still ruptured my posterior cruciate as studs got stuck when guy hit me on 3g.

The big thing for me with 3g is that its like playing on summer pitches all year round. Sore on the joints!

As a poor 5 a side player now, 3g has added years to my "career". Much better than hard surfaces ie indoor. There is no - one to stop planks who insist on wearing them. Ref's might do it in organised football

, but I've never heard of it.

Total pish,you probably get more for getting through 1 round of the SFA cup then you get for winning the Junior Cup!

The pitch at Beechwood was supposed to have been fixed before the Hearts game but it wasn't it was still crap.It was only after the SFA cup runs that the pitch got any better.

My good man, thank you for that rather frank if Somewhat off target critique. Now sir, tell me this, just how often have you been to Beechwood? How do you know what condition the pitch was or wasn't in prior to Hearts game. Talbot played Arthurlie on a Saturday that was almost a wipe out due to days of incessant rain, this was the week before the Hearts game and would suggest that the work in progress on the pitch was proving a success. Talbot made it clear that they would invest in the infrastructure after the Hearts game, a philosophy they have embraced for decades and one that should be applauded. As for the pitch, my point is that the pitch was a work in progress and still is, it would have been addressed Hearts game or not.

Grass is the best for sure, talbots pitch is very well maintained and a great surface. Meadow also a good surface but wasnt looking its usual standard yesterday but its that time of year & ladeside have a good playing surface also due to having two quality greenkeepers looking after it

The pitch at Beith seemed to be holding up quite well too,considering. Grass seems best for me too,but during the debates on this thread,plus further reading,I am now a bit closer to some acceptance of the very latest,but very expensive,synthetic surfaces. Strange to me though is the almost universal acceptance that a change in footwear is required to play on it,but not a change in the ball.

Hmmm i wonder what the kranks spent it all on .

The huge covered enclosure?

Think 3G/4G is the best way forward for junior clubs. The key advantage is using the artificial surface to make the ground a focal point for the community 7 days a week. With crowds on the wane and skewed towards the older generation, direct participation is probably the way to get the younger generation to identify with their local club.

Suspect that will be what Benburb have in mind more than the pyramid/licensing angle (which was always intended primarily for the nonleague seniors rather than the juniors by the powers that be) but the new ground could be a viable solution for BSC Glasgow if Lochburn Park doesn`t tick the boxes for them on entry level and Benburb would consider a groundshare.

Archived