Real Fitbaw

Hertha_BJFC

Took in yesterday's game up at dunterlie between arthurlie and hurlford and credit to the arthurlie committee on getting the game played .

The pitch was muddy, the challenges were fast and furious and both teams gave their all with hurlford running out well worthy winners .

Call me old fashioned but I would take that game and those trying elements over an artificial pitch any day of the week and you can't beat 22 players giving it their all without getting carpet burns , the goalies diving about in the mud and players coming off head to toe in mud after a great 90 minutes of endeavour .

The games played at sports clubs on artificial surfaces simply isn't the same for me and football in my opinion should be about the elements on the given day and how players can adjust to it .

Give me yesterday's scenario anytime over artificial fitbaw . :)

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So junior fitba is only real fitba if its played on grass and the players are covered in mud head to toe ?? hmm ok :unsure2: .

Game of junior football for me is about the people / players / fans involved all that make it for me a real proper enjoyable game of fitba.

It could be played on grass, artifical , red ash , concrete any surface you can think of, matters not a jot to me , as i said its the people / players / fans who give it its soul its history not something for me incidental like the surface.

So junior fitba is only real fitba if its played on grass and the players are covered in mud head to toe ?? hmm ok :unsure2: .

Game of junior football for me is about the people / players / fans involved all that make it for me a real proper enjoyable game of fitba.

It could be played on grass, artifical , red ash , concrete any surface you can think of, matters not a jot to me , as i said its the people / players / fans who give it its soul its history not something for me incidental like the surface.

Brian stop being a snaw heid.

I said its about adapting to the various elements .

The elements could be a lush meadow / talbot surface , it could be a Bellsdale slope, it could be up to your knees in mud but at the end of the day I like to watch a game and to see how various players adapt to good , bad and indifferent elements.

Brian stop being a snaw heid.

I said its about adapting to the various elements .

The elements could be a lush meadow / talbot surface , it could be a Bellsdale slope, it could be up to your knees in mud but at the end of the day I like to watch a game and to see how various players adapt to good , bad and indifferent elements.

Artifical surface is just another surface/ condition different to those you have mentioned , another element to test players. Doesn't take away the fact for me that i am watching a real proper game of junior fitba with fellow like minded people who love their local grass roots fitba.

well then have a poll.for the people / players/ fans.its not about history its about the present.

Of course its about history fitba is all about remembering your history , celebrating it and using it as something to drive you forward in the present day and future . FFS a talbot fan more than anyone should know this !

well then have a poll.for the people / players/ fans.its not about history its about the present.

That's a good idea to do a poll.

I watched that game yesterday and I could almost guarantee that all the players on that pitch have played on ones very similar to it when playing boys club football / school football.

If you fast forward for example 10/ 15 years then the junior players will turn their nose up at that surface as all their youth football would have been played on synthetic pitches .

I reckon a poll involving junior footballers would suggest an overwhelming swing towards playing on grass .

Grass for me all the time and I am ok to accept cancellations due to weather. Totally different game on artificial surface and I'm afraid I will seriously considered another pursuit if the number of soulless subbuteo venues increase - although prob pop ma clogs bouts that time. All a personal choice of course and some may prefer the plastic so it's up to the punter

Artifical surface is just another surface/ condition different to those you have mentioned , another element to test players. Doesn't take away the fact for me that i am watching a real proper game of junior fitba with fellow like minded people who love their local grass roots fitba.

Of course its about history fitba is all about remembering your history , celebrating it and using it as something to drive you forward in the present day and future . FFS a talbot fan more than anyone should know this !

"people who love their grass roots fitba." :lol:

There will never be kid on grass at the Vale...no,nay,feckin never...no even if you could get amber and black stripey stuff.It's for training on.Fecking horrible to watch.It's a big NAW fae me.

Agreed Clash and if beith ever done it then I would find it very hard to keep watching.

And another thing is that its not really a true surface as quite often the ball springs up with them daft wee rubber pellets .

Let's keep the grass roots in our game . :)

Agreed Clash and if beith ever done it then I would find it very hard to keep watching.

And another thing is that its not really a true surface as quite often the ball springs up with them daft wee rubber pellets .

Let's keep the grass roots in our game . :)

Peasie Park was covered with they wee black pellets,was more black than green...looked like it was invaded by zillions of wee black beasties...feckin horrible council place that anyway....being back auld Peasie Park and it's brilliant social club.

Took in yesterday's game up at dunterlie between arthurlie and hurlford and credit to the arthurlie committee on getting the game played .

The pitch was muddy, the challenges were fast and furious and both teams gave their all with hurlford running out well worthy winners .

Call me old fashioned but I would take that game and those trying elements over an artificial pitch any day of the week and you can't beat 22 players giving it their all without getting carpet burns , the goalies diving about in the mud and players coming off head to toe in mud after a great 90 minutes of endeavour .

The games played at sports clubs on artificial surfaces simply isn't the same for me and football in my opinion should be about the elements on the given day and how players can adjust to it .

Give me yesterday's scenario anytime over artificial fitbaw . :)

Had a dominoes but it took 2hours to get here and I forgot to add BBQ sauce. 4/10

where is robroyboy?

where are the "like minded folk"who want to get back to "grass roots fitba" by playing on an artificial surface?

"aye" like the Talbot midfield,i will hunt you down,i will find you and I will kill ect 3 points. :lol:

Peasie Park was covered with they wee black pellets,was more black than green...looked like it was invaded by zillions of wee black beasties...feckin horrible council place that anyway....being back auld Peasie Park and it's brilliant social club.

I'm with you for sure clash but are you sure that the invasion of wee black Beasties wasn't your own fellow blastie fans in the stand mate. ;):)

Archived