St Mirren Relegation Express

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only people at fault are the BOD.

Don't forget the idiotic fans who actively hounded out their most successful manager in a generation: they must be pining for the heady days of the last three seasons just now, and have every right to feel responsible for their team's current plight.

Don't forget the idiotic fans who actively hounded out their most successful manager in a generation: they must be pining for the heady days of the last three seasons just now, and have every right to feel responsible for their team's current plight.

are you having a laugh danny Lennon cup winning season was fucking horrific apart from the cup win.

I wanted Lennon to stay, but we fought relegtion every season under him. His signings were, for the most part poor, particularly in his last couple of seasons. I don't think we'd be a whole lot better off if he was still the manager.

are you having a laugh danny Lennon cup winning season was fucking horrific apart from the cup win.

So your ultimate criticism of Lennon is the season where he won a cup and scored over 40 points, a season you describe as 'horrific'? I can only imagine the hyperbole you've left yourself to describe the season after he was hounded out.

Lennon was fortunate last season as well- he signed some utter shite, nearly all paid off by January. I mean Bahoken etc. The Lennon stuff lazy analysis from people who didn't watch the team.

It wasn't not renewing his contract that has cost us, it was hiring a (proven) incompetent manager in Craig. If we hired someone sensible, who knows what would have happened. Then we sell our top player and goalscorer.

C'est la vie, the board have fucked the fans the last two seasons.

So your ultimate criticism of Lennon is the season where he won a cup and scored over 40 points, a season you describe as 'horrific'? I can only imagine the hyperbole you've left yourself to describe the season after he was hounded out.

his contract ran out plain and simple you fucking muppet he wasn't hounded out. The board didn't renew it nothing to do with fans. Although we were disappointed with alot of the performances look at the record after winning the cup. The board appointed a useless replacement.

his contract ran out plain and simple you fucking muppet he wasn't hounded out. The board didn't renew it nothing to do with fans. Although we were disappointed with alot of the performances look at the record after winning the cup. The board appointed a useless replacement.

He was forced out by the whinging pathetic support. Just fucking admit it.

his contract ran out plain and simple you fucking muppet he wasn't hounded out. The board didn't renew it nothing to do with fans.

Are you seriously suggesting there was no pressure from St Mirren fans last season to have Lennon removed as manager? :huh: His contract could quite easily have been renewed: that it wasn't was a result of running pressure from the fans against the manager throughout that season.

The board appointed a useless replacement.

Indeed, but that's the potential consequence of choosing to attempt an upgrade on a proven, successful manager. The board bowed to the pressure of fans and, pleasingly, fucked it up.

I saw someone on another thread describe St. Mirren as a jobby that just won't flush. That's a fairly accurate analogy. We've hung about the bottom of the division since we came up, hoping that someone will be worse than us. I don't think it's unreasonable for the fans to want to see some progress. I don't think Lennon was hounded out, but a lot of fans wanted a change.

Genuine question, would any other clubs have renewed the contract of someone with Lennon's record?

Bottom line is, most fans, myself included believed Gilmour when he said they were letting Danny go to try something new.

Little did we know the something new was Tommy Fuckin Craig.

We'll finish bottom, I've accepted it, at least we'll avoid pissing about with a playoff.

Archived