St Mirren Relegation Express

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Choo choo.

Full steam ahead! At this rate it'll be arriving earlier than expected.

Did either of you really expect anything from today's game? Probably the toughest we had left this season.

Well losing at home is a bonus, and Thistle losing to RC could end up making this a 4 way fight.

It's far from all over yet.

Did either of you really expect anything from today's game? Probably the toughest we had left this season.

Well losing at home is a bonus, and Thistle losing to RC could end up making this a 4 way fight.

No, however it seems it was another crap performance after that disgraceful first half last week. It was also another weird team selection with one of our new signings getting a late run out, one an unused sub and one totally missing for the second week running.

It probably won't happen but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if we fail to win again this season.

No, but as Stu said Teale has lost the plot with his team selections and I didn't expect County to pick up another win either. I'm certain Thistle aren't going to get dragged into this either.

On current form, it looks like it's between us and Motherwell for 11th.

No, however it seems it was another crap performance after that disgraceful first half last week. It was also another weird team selection with one of our new signings getting a late run out, one an unused sub and one totally missing for the second week running.

It probably won't happen but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if we fail to win again this season.

Sadlier's absence is the one that surprises me.

Positive reports on him from West Ham fans, looked promising in the tiny cameo v NYCFC, but not even on bench since - and Teale saying he wasn't injured.

Then Wylde still getting game time.

Teale messed up against ICT in first half last week, changed it for the better in the second.

Didn't think today's starting team lineup was that bad given what we have at our disposal.

Going to be tough, but I think we can survive.

No, but as Stu said Teale has lost the plot with his team selections and I didn't expect County to pick up another win either. I'm certain Thistle aren't going to get dragged into this either.

Thistle can definitely become part of this little party.

Time to re evaluate. The Firhill express is rattling down that line as well. To me, unbelievably now, it's between us, Saints and Well for the bottom two. Ross Co have the momentum, like in previous seasons. There is player trouble afoot at Firhill. Our only saving grace is our points and goal difference advantage, but unless the players start earning their wages and look as if they are interested, I just don't see where the points are coming from.

How is Arquin doing?

(I'm not on the wind up btw, just don't read other match reports much).

Wasn't sorry to see him go, but obviously a bit concerned when he signed for a relegation rival!

He managed to get sent off in his first two games, and looks fitter than Calum Ball. Other than that, pretty shite so far.

If yesterday is anything to judge by, without McLean, the St Mirren relegation express is steaming along the track at a reasonable pace. I realise that you came into the game carrying injuries but the difference between the previous two games and this one was huge.

Going through the side, the goalkeeping department is letting you down hugely. Kello, a reasonable keeper who came with a good pedigree has lost his form and his replacement in Ridgers would fill me with no confidence whatsoever - has absolutely no command of his box and technically very poor (and I have watched Jamie Langfield for years!). Defensively yesterday, Tesselaar in beside McAusland looked lost in a central position, while McAusland is a very limited footballer. That all three of our goals came from crosses into the box does highlight that the young lads at full back are still raw and inexperienced, and it brought us great success yesterday targetting and exposing Naismith and Kelly. When young Baird came on, it just seemed to increase the jitters at the back. Goodwin seems to bring a bit more calmness through experience.

In the middle of the park, you had Mallan and McLear who are both very young and were always going to struggle against the experience of Flood and Jack. McGinn, while being 20, looks a lad shot of confidence. Despite what Teale may have said on the radio, McGinn struggled to make much of an impact and seems to be very limited going forward. Goodwin is Goodwin, you know what you get from Goodwin, and up against McLean, he was shown up. Dayton was totally anonymous out wide while Arquin was isolated up front and looked like he had chucked it as soon as we scored yesterday.

You look at the bench and you should have quality there in the shape of Thompson, Osbourne and Wylde. However, here lies the key problem - too many big players, specifically referring to the first two lads, are injured too often for Saints. Thommo is getting on now and keeps being rushed back from injury leading to further problems. Osbourne has quality but he's brittle and injured far too often. If you could get a run where you could get these two boys back in the team, it could help hugely. Wylde had talent as a kid, but ultimately has a terrible attitude and will be in the Seaside Leagues very soon.

However, all hope is not lost for Saints fans. Still 4 games to play against Motherwell and Ross County. Get the better of those four games and in theory you should nearly be safe. Having watched Ross County put in an even poorer performance than the Buddies at Pittodrie, a couple of weeks ago, their two wins since then go to show that displays against Aberdeen won't be what keep you up - it's about beating the pish around you. With those four games and another against Thistle, there's the chance to stay up.

Archived