St Mirren Relegation Express

I'd forgotten about Falkirk fans. The old Saints - Falkirk P&B derby.

That, and the reasons outlined by Poz, there are loads of reasons not to be too downhearted about going down. Aside from the fact we appear to have no strategy at the club whatsoever, and that the Championship is going to be far too good for us to get out of (in an upwards direction) any time soon..

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depending on the playoff results, next season's Championship looks like throwing up some good looking fixtures that should see decent crowds. I hope Queens go up and Motherwell go down... Derbies v Morton, tasty enough fixtures v Falkirk, Hibs, the Sevco and 'Well... Dumbarton and Livvy aren't a million miles away geographically. Raith are a good outfit.

St Mirren's problem (as I posted on B&W Army) is that we aren't dropping down into that tasty little lot as a decent top flight side who were unlucky to be relegated, and will retain the core of a decent side, a capable manager, and a board able to back the team for a shot at a quick return....

We will be the opposite of all that. Teale is proving every bit as fcuking hopeless as Craig, the BoD want to get to fcuk and will drastically slash budgets, and we have wasters like Arquin, Gow and Wylde. Ageing players like Goodwin and Thompson, and wet behind the ears loanees like Snoopy. For varying reasons, hard to see many of those guys still with us next season. Hard to say who will even form 'the core' of our team next season, much less the supporting cast in place around them. Who can we afford to sign? Who, of decent calibre, will be enticed to sign for us. Could be some grim times ahead.

The best I can see for us is fifth place, and if a bookie gives me decent odds on that, I'm having a tenner on it.

I'd snap your hand off for 8th right now.

St Mirren will win the Championship next season. It's fucking easy to win. Anyone who says otherwise supports an absolute jobber of a club.

Fri 8 May

The next train at paltform 12 is the 2015 St Mirren relegation express. This train terminates here.

Aye, and the next one back needs to make stops first at Govan, Leith, Dumfries, Dingwall, Motherwell, and most likely Falkirk High and Grahamston....

Archived