St Mirren Relegation Express

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can someone explain the Michael Portillo reference to me please as I am either out of the loop on this one or a bit slow.

He's doing his TV show 'great train journeys' and this is the St Mirren relegation express.

He's doing his TV show 'great train journeys' and this is the St Mirren relegation express.

Right. I wasn't aware of that programme.

Now that I get it, I can laugh now.

:lol:

Right. I wasn't aware of that programme.

Now that I get it, I can laugh now.

:lol:

In the picture I think he's reading the train timetable from Paisley Gilmour Street to Dumbarton, Livingston, Dumfries, Falkirk...

I suspect that if the Midden go down (more likely when now) that they will struggle to come back up just like us. The Championship is the Jurassic tar pit of world football.

Its a piece of piss if you do it right...

Because I'm talking about future events. Point was that at no point next season will I realise we're not playing you, as I barely notice you as it is.

Barely post about St Mirren also it would appear.

Because I'm talking about future events. Point was that at no point next season will I realise we're not playing you, as I barely notice you as it is.

I don't think you know how the word 'notice' works. But thanks for trying.

Now, where's that one-eyed smilie...

I suspect that if the Midden go down (more likely when now) that they will struggle to come back up just like us. The Championship is the Jurassic tar pit of world football.

I agree. Something has to give from the current Sevco/Hibs/Falkirk/Queens playoff scenario. All we currently know is that if we go down, we won't be facing Hearts. Depending on playoff results, allied to the final bottom three Premiership places, we could be down there with certainly two clubs who will be bigger than us and will definitely assemble better squads than us.

Queens showed in relieving us of our League Cup holders title that there would be nothing between Queens and a Championship standard St Mirren squad, and my belief is Falkirk would have the measure of us too. My prediction would be for St Mirren to finish fifth in the Championship.... Followed by at least a five - seven year 'journey' trying to get back. The genuinely scary possibility, with Gilmour, Campbell & McAusland etc now past their sell-by date by at least seven years, is that we 'do a Dunfermline'. That is a real fear. Scary times ahead IMHO.

Settle down lads. St Mirren will do their usual and win their next 5 games and somehow stay up. They do it every season despite being the worst team in the league for the majority.

It's as if they're un-relagate-able.

Archived