St Mirren Relegation Express

Twice we've paid lip service to having some sort of strategy for managerial replacements. Talk of 'dozens' of applicants for the job, both last summer and before Xmas.

On both occasions we've taken the easy, lazy, low-cost option. This reflects the lack of overall strategy for the development of the club in general.

Gary Teale may well turn out to be OK, and his current win record is about the same as Gus and Danny's.

But he wasn't the right man for us at the time, and obviously the unavoidable loss of our only performing player has hindered him.

Dreadful, horrible season. We'll be back, eventually, and have a couple of decent young players on long deals. I hope we can keep the likes of Goodwin, who will be good at Championship level, but most the rest of the squad can GTF.

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting rid of Danny Lennon was a terrible move. The guy won a major cup and had you in the highest league position in decades.

St. Mirren deserve it just for the shoddy way they treated the guy.

I disagree.

The cup win was a big achievement, but any club from the top flight should have the capability of winning five games. It takes a good team to do that, certainly, but you can't judge a manager on a five-match sequence.

Lennon's signing strategy, selection policy and some of his tactics in matches undermined the quality of the core of the squad that he had at his disposal. He should be judged on his league performance, which was the bare minimum that should have been expected.

St Mirren are no way fucked at all. They have a game at Fir Park on Tuesday and look set to get all three points there. I can't see this go any other way. The Motherwell Horse will be in the stable.

horse_2039251c.jpg

Here is a picture of the Motherwell Horse chatting to the Ross County one about being scared about St Mirren's revival n Tuesday night.

St Mirren are no way fucked at all. They have a game at Fir Park on Tuesday and look set to get all three points there. I can't see this go any other way. The Motherwell Horse will be in the stable.

horse_2039251c.jpg

Here is a picture of the Motherwell Horse chatting to the Ross County one about being scared about St Mirren's revival n Tuesday night.

I think the Motherwell horse is saying to the County horse.

"You need a bigger gimp mask."

That's not the Ross County horse. The County horse has already left.

I know my fucking horses son. Wind it in.

angryhorse.jpg

The mistake was getting rid of Danny without so much as a replacement in mind. If we had gone for a young up and coming manager or someone with a decent track record and it failed then I could just about handle that. To go in a new direction.....by apponting the guy sat next to Lennon in the dugout for the previous 2 years was an atrocious decision and just about everybody said as much at the time.

Imagine if you'd brought in Jim McIntyre in the summer. Ooooft. We lucked out there.

Our mistake wasn't letting Danny Lennon go. Our mistake was letting him go and lazily bumping up a proven managerial failure. Our board then compounded that mistake by taking too long to get the useless auld' cnut tae' fcuk... and when they eventually did, what did they do next? Bring in an outsider to kick arse? A manager with no old pals act in the dressing room and no cliques? No - they bumped up the completely untried and inexperienced Gary Teale.

Our other mistakes were season after season after season, not signing at least ONE no-nonsense central defender in a 'Steven Craigan' mode, which may or may not in part be down to one of our directors and his 'attitude' towards the CB position at St Mirren Park. We also made a huge mistake in not having an adequate replacement lined up for a clearly ageing talisman / legend in Steven Thompson. We then (see a pattern emerging here?) compounded that mistake by asking the ageing and clearly injured talisman / legend to run around like a headless chicken, playing up top on his fcuking lonesome with zero support or indeed zero service into the box.

We sold Kenny McLean. We have a young kid like Snoopy from Spurs, who we throw on when we are already 2-0 or 3-0 down in games. Poor wee cnut is on suicide watch. We sign shite like Callum Ball, we waste wages on shite like Caldwell and that lazy cnut Wylde. We assemble a completely unbalanced squad ill suited to survive, much less thrive, in the top flight.

Other similarly sized clubs are better run, have better managers, have better leadership from the boardroom, have better squads, have better home records, and when it got to squeaky bum time recently, showed more fight and bottle, and displayed an ability to put together good winning runs - while we disappeared up our own multi-striped arses in spectacular fashion.

These are our mistakes. Not giving Danny Lennon a new contract was not really one of them.

Was going to come on here and gloat, but it feels like I've missed the party for some reason.

Cheerio St Mirren, you were around for a while and next season you wont be, not sure I'll notice tbh

Was going to come on here and gloat, but it feels like I've missed the party for some reason.

Cheerio St Mirren, you were around for a while and next season you wont be, not sure I'll notice tbh

How will you not notice something that you've just pointed out? You've just noticed it.

Weirdo.

How will you not notice something that you've just pointed out? You've just noticed it.

Weirdo.

Because I'm talking about future events. Point was that at no point next season will I realise we're not playing you, as I barely notice you as it is.

Because I'm talking about future events. Point was that at no point next season will I realise we're not playing you, as I barely notice you as it is.

You noticed us enough to make a comment on a thread specifically dedicated to St Mirren...

Archived