St Mirren Relegation Express

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is when you consider how diabolical St Mirren are.

You've got me. Football teams never get better or worse: their form always stays the same throughout any given season. Hibs were safe at Christmas last year, and remained so. No team has ever overcome a six-point gap with more than half a season to play.

:rolleyes:

Aye, the six point gap to you lot is unassailable with just the 21 games left to play.

You are currently averaging 0.471 points per game so with 21 games left that should bring you in another healthy 9.882 points. As long as Motherwell don't win any more games and County only win one more then you will be safe.

You've got me. Football teams never get better or worse: their form always stays the same throughout any given season. Hibs were safe at Christmas last year, and remained so. No team has ever overcome a six-point gap with more than half a season to play.

^^^^Cant handle the fact they're going doon. :P

^^^^Cant handle the fact they're going doon. :P

Not at all. On the balance of probability, I think we are going to finish in the bottom two. The season isn't over yet, though, and to claim it is, and to suggest that an upturn in form from us, or a downturn in someone else's form, is completely impossible, is patently ridiculous.

To suggest that the result at the weekend was the 'nail in our coffin', and to seek plaudits based on that, was the work of a moron. The loss didn't help, nor will the suspension of Thompson. But, if anything, the creation of a sense of injustice and embattlement amongst our squad might have been just what we needed.

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/185783-the-st-johnstone-for-europe-thread/page-14?hl=%2Bjohnstone+%2Brelegation#entry7364170

That's my favourite one.

Set up by a Dundee fan, the title was eventually changed to 'St Johnstone for Europe', but was initially created as a relegation thread when we were sitting bottom of the league, 4 points off the pace.

We eventually finished 3rd in the league, Dundee were relegated.

That should give hope to St Mirren fans everywhere.

You're failing to grasp the fact that St Mirren are absolutely woeful, and will be relegated. Teams that overcome deficits like the one you outlined have character about them, character that St Mirren are profoundly lacking.

????

You're failing to grasp the fact that St Mirren are absolutely woeful, and will be relegated. Teams that overcome deficits like the one you outlined have character about them, character that St Mirren are profoundly lacking.

Where have I failed to grasp that? Where did I refer to St Mirren in the post you quoted? Did I not, elsewhere in this thread, admit that I think we'll finish in the bottom two? I'm simply questioning the logic and the finality of what some people (including you) are saying.

Archived