Category Bs v Terrors - Boxing Day plus 1

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it did. I thought the Thistle game was after the Rangers one.

Easy mistake to make

This sounds infinetly more cuntish than i intended, sorry for that

This looks like it will be a fun match thread, apart from the disgustingly upsetting nature of the opening post. I won't lower myself to Granny Danger's standards. I'll just remind myself that Granny will have shrunk by 3 feet within the next 2 years, providing me with the perfect opportunity to spit on his old, piss-stained (don't ask me how), severely balding head. I won't do it, however, to prove myself as the bigger man. Quite literally.

As for the match itself, I won't be there. Gutted to miss this as I also missed the last meeting between the two sides, but I'll be in London. I've been trying to cast my mind back to the last time I saw St. Johnstone play against Dundee United. Having mulled it over, I believe that it was probably a match which took place about 7 months ago. Upon further inspection, I have discovered that it took place in May. I've managed to locate a few snapshots of that particular day.

article-0-1DF1EB4200000578-352_634x501.j

hi-res-d2252b9e4a492dab939390e0f02d11e0_

Tommy_Wright__2914925b.jpg

Anyway, hopefully our players are rejuvenated after their brief Christmas celebrations. It is hugely important that Lee Croft lays off the mince pies. I think that all Saints supporters are fearing the sight of a post-Christmas Lee Croft. Hopefully the reality will be a much less frightening prospect.

It is unfortunate that Brian Graham will miss out on this one. Despite being on loan at Saints, he is very much still a Dundee United player. He knows all the tricks of the trade (diving, acting in a petulant manner etc). Sometimes, in order to beat a team like United, you've got to fight fire with fire. Graham would have been our only option of doing so. We'll have to beat United with quality football instead.

This looks like it will be a fun match thread, apart from the disgustingly upsetting nature of the opening post. I won't lower myself to Granny Danger's standards. I'll just remind myself that Granny will have shrunk by 3 feet within the next 2 years, providing me with the perfect opportunity to spit on his old, piss-stained (don't ask me how), severely balding head. I won't do it, however, to prove myself as the bigger man. Quite literally.

As for the match itself, I won't be there. Gutted to miss this as I also missed the last meeting between the two sides, but I'll be in London. I've been trying to cast my mind back to the last time I saw St. Johnstone play against Dundee United. Having mulled it over, I believe that it was probably a match which took place about 7 months ago. Upon further inspection, I have discovered that it took place in May. I've managed to locate a few snapshots of that particular day.

article-0-1DF1EB4200000578-352_634x501.j

hi-res-d2252b9e4a492dab939390e0f02d11e0_

Tommy_Wright__2914925b.jpg

Anyway, hopefully our players are rejuvenated after their brief Christmas celebrations. It is hugely important that Lee Croft lays off the mince pies. I think that all Saints supporters are fearing the sight of a post-Christmas Lee Croft. Hopefully the reality will be a much less frightening prospect.

It is unfortunate that Brian Graham will miss out on this one. Despite being on loan at Saints, he is very much still a Dundee United player. He knows all the tricks of the trade (diving, acting in a petulant manner etc). Sometimes, in order to beat a team like United, you've got to fight fire with fire. Graham would have been our only option of doing so. We'll have to beat United with quality football instead.

Any chance of you knocking out a quick song for this one?

Also, will UTD have anyone on the back post?

And,has Rado recovered from the head knock he seemed to receive at the 2nd goal in the final?

Good questions. I'll answer each of them.

Any chance of you knocking out a quick song for this one?

I'm sorry to say that there will be no song released before Saturday's big kick-off. However, I recall my good pal 'The Marly' suggesting that I record a track called Ciftci's Tears. This is very much a work-in-progress and will be available before the next Scottish Cup final between these two sides (in 2015). I have already got Frazer Wright on board to perform a dramatic monologue at the start of the song.

Also, will UTD have anyone on the back post?

Easier question. No. No, they won't.

And,has Rado recovered from the head knock he seemed to receive at the 2nd goal in the final?

Rado hasn't yet recovered from the head knock he received in 2012 which led to him choosing to sign for Dundee United. It is my belief that the 'head knock' he received in the final was merely a continuation of that original injury.

We filled both stands on the exact same date last year after getting pumped 4-1 by St Mirren.

A week between the games this time as well and we've just beaten Celtic. Should 've pay at the gate. Will take 3000 + if so.

The match itself, the only player you'd maybe drop is Spittal as he was okay at Celtic but didn't add anything in attack really. Mackay-Steven is out of favour and going by that instagram from him, doesn't look like he's happy. Highly doubt he was ill again yesterday. So there's not really anyone to replace him.

Hopefully Ali Coote on the bench next week again \0/

Right at this moment Jackie Mac is speaking to Darren "The dick" Jackson about how many players to rest for this one in order to win the next one. Maybe he'll go even further this year by not even bothering to turn up and just resting everyone. He would have been as well doing that last season. :thumsup2

Anyway, enough of the pish humour. Saints can win this. Tommy has the sign over JM and Frazer Wright still gives Cifti nightmares.

I predict a close game and who every scores first will win. There will also be at least 1 sending off.

post-15122-0-50204600-1419254389_thumb.j

Right at this moment Jackie Mac is speaking to Darren "The dick" Jackson about how many players to rest for this one in order to win the next one. Maybe he'll go even further this year by not even bothering to turn up and just resting everyone. He would have been as well doing that last season. :thumsup2

Anyway, enough of the pish humour. Saints can win this. Tommy has the sign over JM and Frazer Wright still gives Cifti nightmares.

I predict a close game and who every scores first will win. There will also be at least 1 sending off.

There is always one red card in Tay derbies.

United took 4000 last year, probably about the same again.

Same team as Sunday except rest Fojut and bring in Souttar at CB.

Hopefully, a 3-0 win

Seems that Maclean might make the bench for this one - he's back in full training and Tommy has confirmed he may be able to get involved again in the next couple of weeks :D

What a huge boost that would be for us.

Archived