Killie vs Accies

Thought we played some smashing stuff at times and should have made our 15 minute period of almost complete dominance in first half count. Daz should have buried header. Imrie played well but gave ball away leading to winner. Someone else remarked that as good as he plays, he never scores and rarely sets up a goal so what good is he? Discuss.

Is Killie's pitch one of the largest around? Ours is supposedly 115x75, which is pretty big but yours looks enormous from behind the goal.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As an aside can anyone tell me why a minutes silence wasn't observed at the game today for the glasgow bin lorry victims? I thought it was being observed across all leagues today

As far as I know, clubs had the choice of whether to hold one.

Without being churlish, I think it's fair enough that Killie didn't do it. It was a tragic accident, but it had no connection to Kilmarnock FC, or indeed either of the towns involved in the match. If you start having universal silences for things like that, then why not for a multi-car pile-up in Dundee or a big crash on the A9 which kills a few people? It has to stop somewhere.

Couldn't make the game yesterday, congratulations to Killie - Chick Young just about creamed his pants when Eremenko scored.

Also, hats off to both managers that put trust in playing their youngsters.

First time I'd seen Accies in a while so was looking forward to the game. Wasn't disappointed in them as they are a very decent team and deserved something from the game!

Only difference was that Eremenko had that cracking finish in him with last kick of the ball.

Plus marks for Killie, Ashcroft, Chants, Connolly and Mckenzie. For Accies, Neil and the No.18 were into everyone's faces from the start. Best of luck to Accies for 2015 and here's hoping we can get up the league with a few more wins!

Not sure I agree with the assessment that we "stole" anything. Killie had the more clear cut chances throughout the game - Miller being one-on-one and trying to cut back on his left instead of shooting (looked offside anyway, but wasn't given); Muirhead sclaffing a shot at the back post when he had a near enough open goal; Miller passing wide when he had a clear shot at goal in the second half; and of course the free-kick. Hamilton's only two chances were when Crawford curled a shot in the second half that came off Ashcroft for a corner, and from that resulting corner when McKenzie lost his man and he headed over.

In all honesty, both teams were pretty poor but we were just a bit less poor than Accies. For Killie, we had no shape and no organisation throughout. Muirhead, McKenzie Magennis and Slater flitted between several positions throughout, but it didn't look like it was a planned tactic. At one point Muirhead (a striker) was playing in right midfield, McKenzie (a right winger) was playing in the hole behind Miller and Magennis (a striker) was playing in left midfield... The decision to drop Pascali was the right one, with Ashcroft and Connolly working very well together throughout.

Our biggest problem though was confidence. Muirhead's swagger has gone completely, and can you blame him considering the contract situation and continually being played out of position; Miller has even less confidence, and has no faith in his ability to hit the net. The couple of chances that he had you know Boyd would have finished, and whilst it's possibly harsh to compare the two it's difficult not to. The game changed from our perspective when Johnston came on, and we had an out-and-out left winger on the park. Eremenko did nothing when he came on, other than the moment of genius.

Speaking of which, McGovern has to take plenty of blame. As good as the strike was, you noticed the 'keeper was still on his post organising four or five seconds after the whistle was blown, Eremenko noticed it and quickly took the kick. Taking nothing away from a phenomenal strike, but I'd be disappointed if I was McGovern. I've seen Hamilton a few times this season and they've been much better than they were yesterday, but off days happen. If we had a more competent management team then we should be aiming to finish the season well above Accies, but we don't so we won't. Neil and MacKinnon in the middle will win points through their sheer shitehawkery alone, breaking up play and allowing those in front free reign. That's not an insult FWIW, just a clever move in this country.

Not sure I agree with the assessment that we "stole" anything. Killie had the more clear cut chances throughout the game - Miller being one-on-one and trying to cut back on his left instead of shooting (looked offside anyway, but wasn't given); Muirhead sclaffing a shot at the back post when he had a near enough open goal; Miller passing wide when he had a clear shot at goal in the second half; and of course the free-kick. Hamilton's only two chances were when Crawford curled a shot in the second half that came off Ashcroft for a corner, and from that resulting corner when McKenzie lost his man and he headed over.

In all honesty, both teams were pretty poor but we were just a bit less poor than Accies. For Killie, we had no shape and no organisation throughout. Muirhead, McKenzie Magennis and Slater flitted between several positions throughout, but it didn't look like it was a planned tactic. At one point Muirhead (a striker) was playing in right midfield, McKenzie (a right winger) was playing in the hole behind Miller and Magennis (a striker) was playing in left midfield... The decision to drop Pascali was the right one, with Ashcroft and Connolly working very well together throughout.

Our biggest problem though was confidence. Muirhead's swagger has gone completely, and can you blame him considering the contract situation and continually being played out of position; Miller has even less confidence, and has no faith in his ability to hit the net. The couple of chances that he had you know Boyd would have finished, and whilst it's possibly harsh to compare the two it's difficult not to. The game changed from our perspective when Johnston came on, and we had an out-and-out left winger on the park. Eremenko did nothing when he came on, other than the moment of genius.

Speaking of which, McGovern has to take plenty of blame. As good as the strike was, you noticed the 'keeper was still on his post organising four or five seconds after the whistle was blown, Eremenko noticed it and quickly took the kick. Taking nothing away from a phenomenal strike, but I'd be disappointed if I was McGovern. I've seen Hamilton a few times this season and they've been much better than they were yesterday, but off days happen. If we had a more competent management team then we should be aiming to finish the season well above Accies, but we don't so we won't. Neil and MacKinnon in the middle will win points through their sheer shitehawkery alone, breaking up play and allowing those in front free reign. That's not an insult FWIW, just a clever move in this country.

'Shitehawkery.' Could that be the word of the year? For which, thank you!

Ah i just assumed he was one of ours. Fair enough i think we can't claim him to be one of ours then.

He was from Queens in the same sense that Cammy Bell was. I think most, if not all, would say that he was a product of our youth set-up.

It does raise an interesting question though about when you can claim credit for a players development from. I would say if someone joins a club at 15/16 having never played for their old first team then you can rightly claim that it was your club that 'made' them. Craig Slater e.g. came through at St Mirren before leaving and spending time getting developed under Alan Robertson here. Could St Mirren really claim ownership as he was never seemingly good enough whilst there?

Up for debate I guess.

Archived