East fife vs Arbroath

Two points

The game - despite similar predictions, East Fife won well at Gayfield in September, spoiling our unbeaten start - looked very disciplined defensively (with Naysmith outstanding) and a threat up front. OK we were poor that day but there's not a huge gap among the teams in this league and the assumption is E Fife have to hit a run soon. We've a poor record at New Bayview in recent years

Alienation - it's rather depressing reading about the frustrations of other supporters and sometimes a bit over the top. Fife are still well in the running for a playoff spot. it can be grim if performances and/or results are poor but surely lower league fans live and breathe hope. Maybe expectations were a bit high earlier. As for the crooked angle, I thought the years when the scrapmerchant laundered money to win them the title were past though it was disappointing therecent fans bid to takeover was not successful

No matter who we play or how well the teams that are playing are doing you say the same thing. Not a huge gap between the teams but 3 teams are absolutely miles ahead of the rest. Obviously on the day we are in the same league so anything can happen so in that respect there's not a huge gap but think it's pretty clear we are the better side. We have accumulated double the points they have in 17 games. We should be looking to win this and I don't see why our fans play down our team so much when we are doing well. Should enjoy it and be confident. We have a very good young keeper, 2 solid centre halfs, 2 good fullbacks, the best winger in Linn in the division, a great centre midfield combo and the best strike force by a mile in the league. We should be looking for the 3 points, previous records don't really count for much as teams and squads are overhauled by clubs in the lower leagues every season.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No matter who we play or how well the teams that are playing are doing you say the same thing. Not a huge gap between the teams but 3 teams are absolutely miles ahead of the rest. Obviously on the day we are in the same league so anything can happen so in that respect there's not a huge gap but think it's pretty clear we are the better side. We have accumulated double the points they have in 17 games. We should be looking to win this and I don't see why our fans play down our team so much when we are doing well. Should enjoy it and be confident. We have a very good young keeper, 2 solid centre halfs, 2 good fullbacks, the best winger in Linn in the division, a great centre midfield combo and the best strike force by a mile in the league. We should be looking for the 3 points, previous records don't really count for much as teams and squads are overhauled by clubs in the lower leagues every season.

Who is playing our performances down this season?

Dylan Easton has gone to Arbroath on loan.. Wonderful talent when he was with us... Would have loved him back on a loan. Arbroath still doing the business whilst at the top.. Cameron take note, one slipped away!

Anyone know anything about this?

Seen it confirmed on his twitter. Also seen this searching here. Sounds very promising.. Wonder if he will be available for Saturday.

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/201702-dylan-easton/

I also agree that East Fife fans are going overboard though, they're still in the play offs, lot of people close to chucking it on AFTN.

No wonder. Aiming for 4th place in the bottom league is depressing stuff. The club is falling backwards so quickly and it doesn't look like it is going to improve any time soon.

Rumour has it that the club is selling off some land in order to pay off the debts that we have somehow managed to accumulate despite The Rangers league and cup fixtures as well as the Dunfermline games from last season. We could just be weeks away from disappearing out of the league completely. The club is a complete shambles on and off the park. It needs a fresh start and without any Rankine influence preferably.

Easton's gonna play for you guys. There's no way we'd send him to you without the assurance that he's getting game time. Where be plays for you I don't know, but almost guarantee he starts this game.

Easton's gonna play for you guys. There's no way we'd send him to you without the assurance that he's getting game time. Where be plays for you I don't know, but almost guarantee he starts this game.

I've heard good things about him in the development league and Berwick fans seemed to be very impressed when he was at them so I'm hoping he does well.

No doubting that. Just hope that after the month is over we get the option of extending it if both parties are happy. Month just seems pretty shite although we will have him for both QP and Albion.

A surprising move considering his position and the fact it uses our fourth loan out of the five allowed. If there was any possibility of extending McCallum's loan that would be the fifth and final one we could use also. With this loan being outside the transfer window, I think this means it can be extended to a maximum of 93 days, and anything over that would use our final loan.

More surprising is how many people don't know of the utter clusterfuck that is the East Fife ownership/ wa's in cherge here debacle! It's all been over multiple times on here and aftn, no? Also been mentioned in the Scottish sport headlines on multiple occaisions recently!

https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=neil+rankine+mrs+twigg - A good starting base ;)

A surprising move considering his position and the fact it uses our fourth loan out of the five allowed. If there was any possibility of extending McCallum's loan that would be the fifth and final one we could use also. With this loan being outside the transfer window, I think this means it can be extended to a maximum of 93 days, and anything over that would use our final loan.

More surprising is how many people don't know of the utter clusterfuck that is the East Fife ownership/ wa's in cherge here debacle! It's all been over multiple times on here and aftn, no? Also been mentioned in the Scottish sport headlines on multiple occaisions recently!

https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=neil+rankine+mrs+twigg - A good starting base ;)

How's the loans work? Is it 5 players but flexible on durations/extensions? Is it 5 loans only (regardless of whether done in transfer window or not) or just 5 emergency ones?

How's the loans work? Is it 5 players but flexible on durations/extensions? Is it 5 loans only (regardless of whether done in transfer window or not) or just 5 emergency ones?

The loan system is rather confusing, so I may not be 100% right here but I shall try...

A loan signing made in the summer transfer window can be until January or for the full season. If until January it can be extended and is simply a continuation of the initial loan so only counts as one of the five allowed.

A loan signing made outside of the transfer window is referred to as an emergency loan, and can be for 31, 62 or 93 days. If initially it is only for 31/ 62 days, it can be extended up to the maximum of 93 days and still only count as one of the five allowed.

An emergency loan signing who reaches the maximum of 93 days must return to their club. They can only be signed again (counting as another loan of the five allowed) during the next transfer window.

The loan system is rather confusing, so I may not be 100% right here but I shall try...

A loan signing made in the summer transfer window can be until January or for the full season. If until January it can be extended and is simply a continuation of the initial loan so only counts as one of the five allowed.

A loan signing made outside of the transfer window is referred to as an emergency loan, and can be for 31, 62 or 93 days. If initially it is only for 31/ 62 days, it can be extended up to the maximum of 93 days and still only count as one of the five allowed.

An emergency loan signing who reaches the maximum of 93 days must return to their club. They can only be signed again (counting as another loan of the five allowed) during the next transfer window.

So looks like we will be aiming to extend either McCallum or Zubaidi in January to the full season and also Easton to 93 days? That'd make sense? He said he wanted to strengthen the defence in January so I imagine we will try keep hold of McCallum with Zubaidi returning to Hamilton? Whatever he does I'm 100 percent confident in the guy. What a difference he's made thus far. Absolute dream team him and Lumsden ;)

post-14721-14193573107379_thumb.jpg

Archived