Dundee FC vs Relegated St Mirren

What a mess. Haven't been able to see much of us due to work or study commitments this season, but that was the worst I've seen us in a wee while.

The only players even close to pass marks were Tank and possibly Irvine but really, really poor.

St. Mirren were good, no doubting it. McLean ran the show and we had nothing on him. Teale was clever with his substitutions- Osbourne was a walking time bomb was going to get himself sent off.

Not much in the way of atmosphere except from the saints fans who were fantastic to a man from start to finish as much as it pains me to say it.

As I've not seen much of us this season can someone answer how good Paul McGinn is? He was rank rotten today but I've read he's been class so was that just an off day?

Still I'd have taken this position at the start of the season and if we can pull ourselves out this slump I'm confident we'll go on another good run. Onwards and upwards eh...?

Yes, McGinn had a real shocker. I think he has just lost form because he's been good so far.

Roberts was pretty poor when he came on. Boyle got into some good situations but always runs the ball out, gets tackled instead of passing or puts in a terrible cross. Wasn't Riley better? :-)

I don't think it's all due to McGowan being out. One man doesn't make a team.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's been coming, we haven't played well for weeks. No creativity and only looked like getting anything from a set piece. Questions going to be asked now of Harleys ability to change things when its going wrong and sticking by some of the dross that just don't look up to it at this level. Huffed and puffed but couldn't hold on to the ball, defend or string 3 passes together and st Mirren worth their win, no doubt. Worrying times ahead, long way to go and 1 home league win all season and losing easily at home to the team at the bottom o the league isn't good enough. Dogfight ahead, forget top 6, that pile of shite are nowhere near good enough!

We'll do well for a point at the most next week. We were outplayed in the cup but somehow beat the Dons. We've lost momentum game by game since.

Hell of a lot of games between now and 31st Jan including St mirren again.

Squad was always going to be questioned. The cull last year had to be done. Just have to hope we come out of this. A cull is needed again but we have to go with what we've got.

Tripcode, you're talking nonsense. Tank was the best player on the park.

He gives the bite to our midfield and allows players like Harkins, Thomson and Stewart to create chances as he forces the opposition into making mistakes. He won't be the golden miracle, but he'll make our midfield a hell of a lot better than it is.

Ozzy was in perma rage mode for absolutely no reason. Teale had to take him off before he got sent off.

We were rancid, no doubts about it, particularly considering it's against a mob that will be relegated and were really quite poor. But you're still talking balls Trippy.

I never did. Read the thread again, I said that if he continued to score week in week out, there's no reason why he couldn't put himself into contention for a call-up, I was never touting him though.

It's all opinion...As I've said Tank simply 'looked' better. He shouldn't start. If he can't score or create some goals against St Mitten he's not worth it.

Thought the booing Roberts onto the pitch was a bit much from some Dee fans in the Cox. The booing of the Tank for Harkins sub was entirely deserved though and I'm glad Tank got a big clap when he came round and was awarded MotM so as he knew the boos weren't directed at him!

tripc0de, on 27 Dec 2014 - 18:11, said:

It's all opinion...As I've said Tank simply 'looked' better. He shouldn't start. If he can't score or create some goals against St Mitten he's not worth it.

If Tank hadn't started today, there'd have been zero positives to take out of today.

Our season started last week. We put up a great performance with 10 men and got robbed. Today we got our just deserts. Pity we didn't get rid of Tommy months ago but things are returning to normal and the relegation battle is far from over smile.png

Thank you to all the Dundee fans suggesting a trip for me to Kloset on page one. Got to say, if there's one thing the dees don't mind is people travelling up and giving them a good shafting.

Cheers lads!

Well played sir

That was the worst I've seen from us this season, it was like watching a Bomber team.

Only positives were Der Panzer, Stewarty and the white Cafu.

Archived