Livingston v Heart of Midlothian, 27/12/2014

First half I thought we were superb, it's worrying though that our strikers are pretty much all on the treatment table apart from Keatings as we should have been 3 or 4 up at the break, but the 2nd half was a different story, it was a lot more even as we seem to have forgotten to come out with the same attitude, Livvy pressed us much better and created one or two chances, nothing serious really, but we made heavy weather of it after a dominant first half display, we'll need to play better next week.

Special mention for the ref who doesn't seem to know the difference between a dive and a penalty, how the hell he booked (who was it that got booked near the end :lol:) for diving is a mystery when he was clearly halved from behind, it was a shocker! He was extremely card happy for both sides and gave some very weird decisions.

Three points is where it's at though, it's all that matters :)

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First half I thought we were superb, it's worrying though that our strikers are pretty much all on the treatment table apart from Keatings as we should have been 3 or 4 up at the break, but the 2nd half was a different story, it was a lot more even as we seem to have forgotten to come out with the same attitude, Livvy pressed us much better and created one or two chances, nothing serious really, but we made heavy weather of it after a dominant first half display, we'll need to play better next week.

Special mention for the ref who doesn't seem to know the difference between a dive and a penalty, how the hell he booked (who was it that got booked near the end :lol:) for diving is a mystery when he was clearly halved from behind, it was a shocker! He was extremely card happy for both sides and gave some very weird decisions.

Three points is where it's at though, it's all that matters :)

It was Oliver that was booked, but I couldn't see it from where I was sitting. I agree though, we need to get back to taking our chances, they easily could've snatched a point today.

3 fantastic saves (inc the pen) by DJ to keep us at 0-0, Hearts deserved their HT lead though I thought we should'be had a pen too. 2nd half was much better by Livi and in the end I felt disappointed coming away with nothing, a draw would've been fair but same old problem, we can't take our chances. Gutted Ogleby was offside for his chip into the net, had a feeling he was going to score when he came on too as he's been shite all season and this would have just been the game for him to break his duck, b*****d lino.

Cracking atmosphere by the Jambos, really enjoyed the game today, just wish we'd scored.

Hearts have had 2 difficult away games in the week, 6 points, no goals conceded and barely out of 1st gear for both is championship form. We'll go into the derby as fresh as we could have and will annihilate Hibs.

Regarding Livvy (and Cowdenbeath) have to say these clubs taking the piss a bit - 8000 fans there today at £20 a head and the fuckers couldn't be bothered employing staff to man turntisles, pie stands etc. About time they stop getting to take our money but not provide a suitable level of staffing.

I'd be fully supportive if a lower division ever has a rangers, hibs, hearts, celtic again the money being accumulated centrally and forced to be spent on infastructure rather than whatever Livvy and Cowden have been spunking it on.

Hearts have had 2 difficult away games in the week, 6 points, no goals conceded and barely out of 1st gear for both is championship form. We'll go into the derby as fresh as we could have and will annihilate Hibs.

Regarding Livvy (and Cowdenbeath) have to say these clubs taking the piss a bit - 8000 fans there today at £20 a head and the fuckers couldn't be bothered employing staff to man turntisles, pie stands etc. About time they stop getting to take our money but not provide a suitable level of staffing.

I'd be fully supportive if a lower division ever has a rangers, hibs, hearts, celtic again the money being accumulated centrally and forced to be spent on infastructure rather than whatever Livvy and Cowden have been spunking it on.

Livi accommodated over 7,000 people today.

A lack of infrastructure isn't a problem there

Livi accommodated over 7,000 people today.

A lack of infrastructure isn't a problem there

Well I would call being unable to get people in for kick off, long queues and 2 people at turntisles with room for 6, and massive queues to use toilets etc. incompetent.

Livvy like cowdenbeath want to take the big crowds but not increase the staffing to cover it.

Well I would call being unable to get people in for kick off, long queues and 2 people at turntisles with room for 6, and massive queues to use toilets etc. incompetent.

Livvy like cowdenbeath want to take the big crowds but not increase the staffing to cover it.

I'm stuck in London with my in laws so I'll bow to the authority of your "on the ground" reportao

Volunteers have been on the turn styles for a few seasons to help out around the stadium on match days. Afaik our serveries are nothing to do with Livi, Lindleys have taken them over and pay Livi a percentage of the att figures. No sure what you expect at the toilets, too many folk with weak bladders to blame for that one.

As far as I am aware Livi had all turnstiles that we could open. There are three turnstiles that do not work as the mechanism has broken and isn't made anymore. It would need the whole turnstile block to be replaced. Not really worth it for the one season where we are having the bigger teams when we don't have enough money as it is. I would think that the other 13 turnstiles being open should be enough as long as fans leave enough time to get in. All our turnstiles are operated by volunteers who pay to get in to the game.

As for the serveries, they are operated by external company, Lindlays.

What turnstyles are you talking about? As far as I know they were all manned at 2 o'clock. I know there were problems with 2 of them but maintenance were called on the walkie talkie and I assumed they had been fixed. The folk who came early to the one I was on had no problems. There were quite a few who obviously arrived near kick off and of course missed the start of the game. That was the fault of the fans concerned since they were getting in as fast as it was possible to let them in.

The serveries are not run by the club. They are contracted out to Lindleys.I

It was a decent game. I would have settled for not getting embarrassed before the start but in the end was disappointed we didn't get something. I missed the penalty due to turnstyle duty so can't comment. The folk who sit near me said we had a decent shout for one too but I didn't see that either. As others said it was a great atmosphere created by the Jambos and good to see the place nearly full again.

As far as I am aware Livi had all turnstiles that we could open. There are three turnstiles that do not work as the mechanism has broken and isn't made anymore. It would need the whole turnstile block to be replaced. Not really worth it for the one season where we are having the bigger teams when we don't have enough money as it is. I would think that the other 13 turnstiles being open should be enough as long as fans leave enough time to get in. All our turnstiles are operated by volunteers who pay to get in to the game.

As for the serveries, they are operated by external company, Lindlays.

I entered through turnstiles 5-7 and only one was staffed.

Frankly I find your comment ridiculous. So Livvy just intend to never replace a faulty turnstile? This is exactly what the money should be doing - repairing and bring standards up.

What have you done instead? I suppose at least Simon Mensing seems to have become a fat f**k - worthwhile investment.

As for using volunteers - again scandalous.

7500 Hearts fans today - assuming you got even £10 a ticket that is £75k - figure probably nearer £100k factoring in concessions etc. Not too unreasonable expecting to not have the piss taken and a small percentage of this reinvested in accommodating us.

You think a club in debt should spunk money getting turn styles fixed just for Hearts to visit twice a season. Aye we'll roll out a red carpet for you boys in our next game too.

Yes I think all the clubs who have benefited from Rangers rising through the divisions and now Hearts, Hibs and Rangers being in the same league should have used the money productively to improve stadiums, infastructures and so on.

Instead Livvy seem to want to spend it on god knows what and just not bother opening the turnstiles or recognizing that 8000 people are showing up rather than the usual 800.

It really does make me grudge spending the money to attend and have to basically be done with any hope of using a toilet, getting a pie or even seeing the 90 minutes of football as Livvy wouldn't pay the £15 for someone to man a turntisle.

I entered through turnstiles 5-7 and only one was staffed.

Frankly I find your comment ridiculous. So Livvy just intend to never replace a faulty turnstile? This is exactly what the money should be doing - repairing and bring standards up.

What have you done instead? I suppose at least Simon Mensing seems to have become a fat f**k - worthwhile investment.

As for using volunteers - again scandalous.

7500 Hearts fans today - assuming you got even £10 a ticket that is £75k - figure probably nearer £100k factoring in concessions etc. Not too unreasonable expecting to not have the piss taken and a small percentage of this reinvested in accommodating us.

What a fanny you are. I hope you got stuck outside for an extended period, resulting in pneumonia.

How are you the authority on anything to do with them? :lol:

Seems more sensible for you to be more organised tbh.

What the f**k are you on about.

I would think you were pissed but the Livvy bar probably had one volunteer 12 year old barman on so it won't be that.

I showed up at 230pm and got in at kick off due to the queues at 5-7. I don't think I've ever had to queue that long before. I then went for a piss and took 20 minutes due to queues.

Funnily enough when I go to Ibrox or Celtic park they manage fine mainly because they aren't taking the piss and have employed enough staff to cover the expected crowd.

What the f**k are you on about.

I would think you were pissed but the Livvy bar probably had one volunteer 12 year old barman on so it won't be that.

I showed up at 230pm and got in at kick off due to the queues at 5-7. I don't think I've ever had to queue that long before. I then went for a piss and took 20 minutes due to queues.

Funnily enough when I go to Ibrox or Celtic park they manage fine mainly because they aren't taking the piss and have employed enough staff to cover the expected crowd.

Youre missing the point, Almondvale is neither Parkhead or Ibrox and it doesn't require the same infrastructure. You're up your arse pompous posting style is making you sound just like the c***s who support the clubs from those grounds tho.

You are on the wind up aren't you?

Archived