Top 5 90s bands

underdogunderdog underdog

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Nirvana - my all time favourite band. I know they released Bleach in 1989, but they never really hit it big until the 90's.

2. Red Hot Chili Peppers (I got into them in 1992 when Blood Sugar Sex Magic was released)

3. Oasis - a brilliant rock n roll band. Slide Away is one of my favourite tunes.

4. The Verve - Richard Ashcroft is a brilliant song writer IMO.

5. Soundgarden. Fun Fact; my mate at school, Jaime Mustard - his dad looked like the guitarist with the long beard.

Nailing my grunge colours to the mast here, but -

1. Soundgarden - the best of the lot for me, had something a bit different and an outstanding rock vocalist in Chris Cornell.

2. Pearl Jam - One of the first bands I was properly into, 'Ten' was never off my walkman.

3. Red Hot Chili Peppers - countless hours of chilling and drinking with mates in my youth to a Chilis soundtrack.

4. Green Day - Purely for the memories of some great live gigs, including my all-time favourite at the Barrowlands in '97.

5. Alice in Chains - some pretty dark subject matter but a great grunge sound, another soundtrack to my school days.

Bands who released albums in the '90s;

Faith No More

Offt. How did I miss them out? Angel Dust and King For A Day were fantastic albums.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived