Top 20 Players in the SPL / Premiership

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not true only larsson played best years here the others

de boer lambert moravcik were all in there 30s when they came here

bronckhorst left 2 better things

You honestly trying to suggest Paul Lambert was past his best when he signed for Celtic? No chance he was in his 30s when we signed him either, considering he stayed with us for 7 years :huh:

In 1993/94 in the second half of the season we had the second best form in the league. At the heart of that was Chic Charnley. He was linked with a move to Celtic before Maccari got his jotters.

According to Charnley, Macari offered him the chance to come on a Canadian tour with Celtic for another trial following up on his previous trial against Man Utd in a testimonial. Charnley asked if he could arrange another trial as he was going on holiday with some lads with Thistle around about the same time, Macari told him that it was fine, and they would arrange another one at a later date, only for Macari to go rather public with comments along the lines of "if he really wanted to play for Celtic, he'd be traveling to Canada with us".

not true only larsson played best years here the others

de boer lambert moravcik were all in there 30s when they came here

bronckhorst left 2 better things

Lambert was 27/28 when he signed for Celtic. Moravcik and De Boer were still fantastic players regardless of their age when they signed.

Top Five.

1. Larsson - The best player I have seen in a Celtic jersey, and probably the best I will ever see. The fact he signed for Barcelona after Celtic speaks volumes about the guy.

2. Moravcik - The most skilfully gifted player I have seen play for Celtic, the guy was a genius.

3. Laudrup - Fantastic player.

4. Gascoigne - Couldn't stand the man, but what a player.

5. McStay - I missed him at his peak, but even at the tail end of his career he was still head and shoulders above most.

1.) Henrik Larsson - just absolute quality, could've and should've played out his career at a much larger club. Didn't look at all out of place with guys like Ronaldinho when he went to Barca.

2.) Rudi Skacel - A peach of a left foot, scored some cracking goals.

3.) Craig Gordon - barring injuries he would have been one of the best players this country had ever produced.

4.) Derek Riordan - first time round at Hibs he was a cracking player, shame he's an absolute fucking waster of a human being.

5.) Craig Brewster - you've got to admire how this c**t just kept on going. He also scored the winner against Rangers in the 1994 Cup Final within minutes of me being born, which I've always took some satisfaction in.

Andy Goram

Paul Gascoigne

Paulo di Canio

Willie Miller

Davie Cooper

Yes, I am quite old.

Wait until Granny Danger posts his. I expect you will feel up to a night in the Mega Bar after that.

Laudrup and Larsson are miles ahead of the rest that I have seen in Scottish football.

Brian Laudrup

Henrik Larsson

Giovanni van Bronckhorst

Lubomir Moravcik

Paul Gascoigne

I don't mind having a list solely full of Celtic and Old Rangers players. Just shows how utterly shite they are now compared to 10-15 years ago. Those two clubs had some amazing players (with one team not actually being able to afford them)

As for non-Celtic and non-Rangers players?

Russell Latapy

Rudi Skacel

Franck Sauzee

Georgi Nemsadze (best player I have seen play for 'them')

Craig Gordon

Those lists are just off the top of my head, there will be loads of players I've missed out or forgotten about.

Laudrup and Larsson are miles ahead of the rest that I have seen in Scottish football.

Brian Laudrup

Henrik Larsson

Giovanni van Bronckhorst

Lubomir Moravcik

Paul Gascoigne

I don't mind having a list solely full of Celtic and Old Rangers players. Just shows how utterly shite they are now compared to 10-15 years ago. Those two clubs had some amazing players (with one team not actually being able to afford them)

As for non-Celtic and non-Rangers players?

Russell Latapy

Rudi Skacel

Franck Sauzee

Georgi Nemsadze (best player I have seen play for 'them')

Craig Gordon

Those lists are just off the top of my head, there will be loads of players I've missed out or forgotten about.

Both Larsson and Lubo cost less than Pukki and Bangura

Rafael Scheidt cost more than Larsson, Lubo, Pukki, Bangura, Messi and Collins combined. Top lad was our Rafa. :rolleyes:

He also cost more than Addison Manor. Now that is shocking! :o

Some great shouts.

Sadly, and fair enough, a lot aren't Scottish.

In recent times John Collins sticks out a mile. Terrific footballer. Remember being at a game, dons two up against Celtic. I'm thinking that we're good for a win then Collins ran the show and tortured us. 2-3 Timmy.

Larsson obviously, Laudrup, Gascoigne, Moravcik all fabulous players.

In recent years we've had 4 world class goalies, Leighton, Goram, McGregor and Gordon but Craig Gordon is the best keeper of them all.

Wee bit further back we've had Willie Miller, Charlie Nicholas (on his day brilliant), Strachan, Mo Johnson, Jess, Sturrock all of which would be too good to stay in our league these days.

A few shouts for Cooper but you won't find one aberdeen fan who 'd swap him for Peter Weir..

I'd pick 5 from fairly recent times

Gordon

Collins

Larsson

Jess

Laudrup

Worst, why not eh?

Hurlock

Mel Sterland

David Winnie

Ross Tokely

Ross Tokely, twice, he's that bad

Voting closes midnight on Monday folks. I am off work Tuesday and Wednesday so will do some write ups then. The rest will be after Xmas and up to Hogmanay.

Archived