Top 20 Players in the SPL / Premiership

My Five:
Henrik Larsson
Christian Kalvenes
Andrew Robertson
Craig Gordon

David Goodwillie

Getting back on topic, this is why I like this thread as it reminds me of players I forgot about. Did he play left back?

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Victor Wanyama

Fraser Forster

Aiden McGeady

Craig Gordon

Alan Hutton

Record Transfers received.

Tore Andre Flo

Michael Ball

Chris Sutton

John Hartson

Mikael Arteta

Record transfer fees paid. Our export is better than our import IMO.

Of those I've seen in the flesh...

1) Larsson

2) R De Boer

3) Van Bronckhorst

4) Lambert

5) Moravcik

The top 4 have all won UCL titles, kind of unthinkable now that we used to get that kind of talent playing the best years of their careers here.

Dariusz adamchuk - absolutely loved him when he was at dens

Henrik Larsson - unbelievable player

Antti niemi - every time I seen him he seemed to pull off a wonder save for hearts

Julian speroni - my favourite Dundee goalkeeper of all time. The save he made vs Aberdeen at dens in the cup is top quality.

Fabian caballero - before his injury one of the best strikers I have seen in the flesh was unbelievable

Due to Thistle's top flight hiatus I'll have to pass on a lot of very good players and dig deep into the memory banks.

In 1993/94 in the second half of the season we had the second best form in the league. At the heart of that was Chic Charnley. He was linked with a move to Celtic before Maccari got his jotters.

Saw him at the end of his career but Paul McStay was a class act and I'd put his midfield team mate John Collins in my top 5.

Big Duncan Shearer at Aberdeen impressed me and could header the ball as hard as some strikers kick the ball.

Davie Cooper was a great player for Rangers and Motherwell in the top flight. I still love that 1991 cup final, probably my favourite non Thistle club game.

I must be getting old but those five would probably get a game with any current Premiership team at the top of their form.

Keep the votes coming - I have had loads so far. Early indications show that Derek Townsley is leading the way so far. Can Larson or GVB beat him to it? Watch this space...

Of those I've seen in the flesh...

1) Larsson

2) R De Boer

3) Van Bronckhorst

4) Lambert

5) Moravcik

The top 4 have all won UCL titles, kind of unthinkable now that we used to get that kind of talent playing the best years of their careers here.

not true only larsson played best years here the others

de boer lambert moravcik were all in there 30s when they came here

bronckhorst left 2 better things

Good idea.

Having done this kind of poll previously, I fear that limiting the number of nominees to 5 is likely to yield a lot of ties- unless you get a big turnout.

Turnout is really good actually. This is going to take some time to prepare I think!

Keep 'em coming lads!

Archived