Top 20 Players in the SPL / Premiership

We have had numerous polls on here about fellow posters, films and fuds. However I thought it might be an idea to have one about football. Who do you think were the best players you have seen in the top flight of Scottish Football? They can be cult players, influential players or just a plain old fans favourite. It doesn't matter.

PM me your top 5 players with a wee reason why you like / liked them so much and I will announce the winners later on this year.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good idea.

Having done this kind of poll previously, I fear that limiting the number of nominees to 5 is likely to yield a lot of ties- unless you get a big turnout.

You're probably right, but if you have to give loads of names, I reckon less people will vote.

3rd top goal scorer in SPL history.

I give you, Mr Derek Riordan.

Cheers buddy. You got any more?

That goes for anyone else who nominated their favourite players.

Cheers buddy. You got any more?

That goes for anyone else who nominated their favourite players.

Derek Riordan - a great goalscorer who scored great goals, also a very humble, quiet person off the pitch

Franck Sauzee - no explanation needed for this great man.

Henrik Larsson - unbelievable striker, the fact he went on to win to sign for Barcelona AFTER Celtic and make such a contribution speaks volumes for his abilities

David Murphy - best left back I seen in the SPL, absolute first class

Craig Gordon - would've went on to break Dalglish's record if it weren't for injuries, an excellent keeper.

Eoin Doyle - The Best ginger to ever play in the SPL

Franck Sauzee - One of the best players the SPL has ever seen

Russell Latapy - As above

Amadou Konte - Legend

I want to make it clear the green dot was for getting back to me. Not for your honking choices. :P

Archived