The Great Big Morton Thread

My only disappointment is that it could scupper our bets on Peaso as top scorer. So f**k - it's only £20. Welcome back Dece!

Went on to hedge my bets and put £10 on McManus + Ton and now the bet isn't allowed as its "related outcomes". It was okay for them to take my money last week though??? I wonder if they will pay out should Peaso somehow overtake McManus? :thumbsdown

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was just having this thought, with Aberdeen signing McLean surely McManus will come back out on loan (and we're the only team he can play for).

My other thought was that someone like Milo would leave the club today.

It's irrelevant now he's back, but is that actually true?

From my reading of the Tidser debacle, McManus wouldn't have been allowed to leave these shores as he'd have required international clearance from FIFA, but may well have been allowed to join another Scottish club, as was the case with, I think, Darren Bent in England.

Heard that Crichton isn't happy and can't wait to leave.

Not a fan of the Morton support

Further evidence, if true, that negativity from the support can have positive results. Had he received nothing but applause and praise when he did nothing to merit it, he'd be perfectly content. Instead he gets constructive criticism, can't take it and wants to leave, meaning the club can save a wage that would have otherwise have been spent on someone who isn't good enough. I'm glad that some of our supporters refuse to fawn over mediocre or shite players.

It's been an excellent window aside from Tidser situation, we've done extremely well here.

From my reading of the Tidser debacle, McManus wouldn't have been allowed to leave these shores as he'd have required international clearance from FIFA, but may well have been allowed to join another Scottish club, as was the case with, I think, Darren Bent in England.

My understanding of the rule is if he had waited until the emergency loan period starts, I believe that's a week after this window shuts, he would have been able to go out on loan to someone else in Scotland as emergency loan deals don't count.

That's how the English FA do it, not sure if the SFA do the same.

As far as I know the English FA have ignored the rule when it comes to emergency loans. FIFA don't like it but haven't been able to stop it. I don't think it's common though.

I have no idea if the SFA have ever allowed it.

Archived