The Great Big Morton Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aitken is doing well with not so meagre resources.

Duffy is doing pretty well with less resources than you seem to think.

I repeat again!....wait until the end of the season and then judge.

I assure you I will have the last laugh.

You're a joke. Maybe more of your fellow professionals will go to watch the games. Normal supporters are fed up watching your rubbish. First you chase fans away from watching the team, now you are doing the same thing on a fans website! Pathetic.

You're a joke. Maybe more of your fellow professionals will go to watch the games. Normal supporters are fed up watching your rubbish. First you chase fans away from watching the team, now you are doing the same thing on a fans website! Pathetic.

I can handle a bit of negativity ... but you are one moaning Kent. Pity the Kents that have to live with you :thumbsdown

Duffy hasn't set the heather alight so far that's for sure, but some of the stuff about him is over the top. Regardless of whether he had a big budget compared to the rest of the teams in this league he still struggled to attract players to this division.

That probably created the imbalanced squad where we seem to have a large number of CB's playing in various positions. Some of his signings just haven't made the grade despite coming from higher leagues.

His whole season, and ours will hinge on whether he can attract a couple more players of quality during the transfer window.

I'm satisfied with the forward line, we still need a defensive midfielder and ironically an experienced CB.

OOPS.

You should stick to bean counting if you insist on posting Granddad!

[Are you running the Poundland version of a Vikington bitching account?

How is Aitken doing at Stranraer, he still the man?

Home Bargains actually, brunneis lingua.

Everyone has been pointing and laughing at you for months champ; I wouldn't consider your claimed last laugh more than a consolation.

Dreadful, moronic poster.

Why do you not change the name of this thread to the "let's see how negative anti-player and even more anti-manager/anti-owner and de-motivating we can be"?

In other words, you have no right to criticise or question anything anyone at the club ever does and if you do you're not a real fan, so shut up and eat your cereal.

You're not saying this because you truly believe the club would benefit if people stopped pointing out the myriad of problems. Those criticising and routinely questioning the club are doing so because they care about the club and want what is best for it. You're shouting them down because you're more of a supporter of Douglas Rae and Jim Duffy than you are of the club: what's best for the club comes second to what's best for Dougie.

May be because he and Hagi think that MM can't pass, shoot or make any serious impact on the game so they play him in midfield to sort a few things out in a defensive way and help protect Pepper's dodgy knee.

That is a hilarious response. Right, so you have a highly-rated centre back who has only played as a centre back once in his time at the club, whereas he has played in midfield multiple times and consistently looked, frankly, hopeless.

When questioned on why the management team might be doing this, you've said that they've looked at this centre back and felt that he can't pass, shoot or have a serious impact on games, so have played said centre back in midfield instead of his natural position. Holding midfield being a position where you require more passing ability, more mobility, greater positional sense, and a greater ability to read and make an impact on games than centre back.

Bravo, that is incredible work. When the only arguments people can make in defence of Duffy are this preposterous, it tells you something about how hard it is to find any positives about him.

I defend Jim Duffy because he took over a team in the 3rd tier who were too terrible for words last season.

He has stabilised the team with a much lower budget than in previous years, so what on earth can be expected?

He is doing a very good job in very difficult circumstances. What manager can work magic in a few months? Fergie being a prime example.

Give the guy time, keep your counsel and give the guy a break.

At the very least........wait until the end of the season.

He is a football man with a lot of experience, sees the players in training day in day out so I think he has a degree of qualification to decide the best positions for the players.

Numerous players including e likes of John Terry have stated that he is a top class coach, so that also cannot be discounted.

If he leaves Pepper out of the team, can you not accept that there will be a good reason for it rather that the tedious "he is tactically inept"?

I know for a fact he is tactically astute.

I have seen Lamie play some excellent games so he is capable as are the bulk of Duffy's signings.

Confidence plays such a huge part in football and there is a very fine line a player looking brilliant and downright awful. A few wins and this team will start to look good. Just give it a bit of time. We are still well in the promotion race and only 4 points off the top. I can live with that right now.

Stranraer lost at home on Saturday, does that suddenly make Aitken a bad manager? I think not.

Just turn out and "support" the team. You've all heard of the 12th man, why not give it a go.

He took over a team with hardly any players signed so had the ability to mould the squad however he wanted it, but the majority of his signings have been failures and the squad is ridiculously unbalanced. We are undoubtedly a worse team than we were last season: it's terrifying to think how many points we'd be relegated by if we were in the Championship with this side.

No one's asking him to work magic, we're asking for better than 8 defeats in 21 games, better than 8 points from the last 21 available. It's perfectly reasonable to expect better than that and there's no indication that an improvement is coming.

Football man, what? Meaningless cliché. His experience in management is irrelevant when he's shown no indication of learning from the mistakes he's made in previous jobs. That's why he went from managing in the top flight to managing a side to last place in the fourth tier in the space of six years: good managers don't find themselves in that situation.

For the millionth time, being a good coach does not mean you're a good manager. It's a fact that he's tactically astute? Please provide the factual evidence of this. If Pepper's not fully fit then Duffy should say that, otherwise people are obviously going to conclude that it's another example of poor management by Duffy to leave our best midfielder out the team and not even bring him off the bench when the midfield is offering nothing and we need a win.

A few wins and we'll start to look good? Sorry, we're more than halfway through the season and I can't stomach this acceptance of mediocrity. We should be looking good already, that even a staunch defender of Duffy like yourself admits that we aren't is another indictment on him. Just give it a bit of time? Just prolong the agony. We can see Duffy's flaws now, we can't see that he's not rectifying them or learning from mistakes he's made in his time here. Why waste more time when there's no reason to believe he'll improve with time?

No, one defeat does not make Stevie Aitken a bad manager. It's not one defeat that makes Jim Duffy a bad manager. All our results taken as a whole make Jim Duffy a bad manager. People aren't calling for Duffy to go as a knee-jerk to individual results, they're calling for Duffy to go because overall, his performance hasn't come close to being good enough.

This might come as news to someone living in a sycophantic bubble where no one associated with the club can do wrong, but people can want Duffy to go but still turn up and support the team. I do. I encourage, I praise. The fact that I also criticise doesn't change that. When someone does something that merits praise, they'll be praised. When someone does something that merits criticism, they'll be criticised. Pretty simple really. It just so happens that there have been far more reasons to criticise than to praise this season.

What? What kind of budget do you think Stranraer have?

Please explain how a record of eleven wins, two draws and eight defeats constitutes doing pretty well for a team expected to challenge for the title, bearing in mind that our form is actually getting progressively worse as the season goes on, with only eight points from our last seven games.

I can handle a bit of negativity ... but you are one moaning Kent. Pity the Kents that have to live with you :thumbsdown

I do tend to get a bit emotional over this guy. Save your pity though. I have a large family and circle of friends, and they don't need it. I will stop posting. Didn't mean to cause you a problem.

Tom

Sorry to say it to Morton fans but signing Peaso is probably a stay of execution for Duffy, especially going by his showing at Somerset on Saturday. Once he's up to speed he'll be scoring for fun in all likelihood.

Morton, like Dunfermline and to an extent Ayr shouldn't be in this league going by club "size". It's no disrespect to the other teams in this league, its just a matter of fact.

Morton are clearly underachieving under Duffy, they have one of the largest budgets in the league have a squad assembled that should be pulling away in a dog fight with Dunfermline with us chasing at the top of the rest. The three teams have had something in common to varying degrees this season, manager ineptitude.

Both Morton and Dunfermline have failed to gain any consistency thus far and we've been frankly putting it shite.

Morti is clearly bamming you guys up and getting the reaction he wants.

Sorry to say it to Morton fans but signing Peaso is probably a stay of execution for Duffy, especially going by his showing at Somerset on Saturday. Once he's up to speed he'll be scoring for fun in all likelihood.

Morton, like Dunfermline and to an extent Ayr shouldn't be in this league going by club "size". It's no disrespect to the other teams in this league, its just a matter of fact.

Morton are clearly underachieving under Duffy, they have one of the largest budgets in the league have a squad assembled that should be pulling away in a dog fight with Dunfermline with us chasing at the top of the rest. The three teams have had something in common to varying degrees this season, manager ineptitude.

Both Morton and Dunfermline have failed to gain any consistency thus far and we've been frankly putting it shite.

Morti is clearly bamming you guys up and getting the reaction he wants.

Having accidentally sat amongst the happy clappers at a few away games, I can assure you there are many fans like this. When you're 3-1 down to Stirling Albion and people are still defending the p***k, you know you've got no chance.

Gets challenged on opinion of Duffy, ignores all points made about Duffy in response. It's almost as if you've got no answer to the criticisms made of him.

Don't expect an answer, I asked him a series of questions a few weeks ago and my response was "Not even going to answer that". He simply doesn't have an answer.

O'Ware had a poor match at centre half today.

Don't understand the want for a new left back, Russell was once again solid in defence today. He's been the best defender in the team in recent weeks.

O'Ware had a poor match at centre half today.

Don't understand the want for a new left back, Russell was once again solid in defence today. He's been the best defender in the team in recent weeks.

don't ken what game spoon ton was watching, oware won 23 out of 23 headers intercepted 6 passes and set up the goal with a 60yard pass that was a bit lucky but he made it,, so what the f--k has he got to do to get some recognition. its the Scottish 1st div,not . seria A

don't ken what game spoon ton was watching, oware won 23 out of 23 headers intercepted 6 passes and set up the goal with a 60yard pass that was a bit lucky but he made it,, so what the f--k has he got to do to get some recognition. its the Scottish 1st div,not . seria A

He shouldn't have tried to header the penalty though, that probably cost whoever he was playing for the 3 points.

Archived