Stenny v Brechin

I presume Wighton will start. He's being mega hyped as the next big thing for us and people genuinely believe he should be getting a first team game for us. Are you likely to play him up top or just behind your strikers? He can play both but is arguably better as an attacking midfielder.

ETA: Whilst I'm here, realise I seem to ask this every few weeks Stenny fans, but Jamie Reid nae future at Dens?

I presume Wighton will start. He's being mega hyped as the next big thing for us and people genuinely believe he should be getting a first team game for us. Are you likely to play him up top or just behind your strikers? He can play both but is arguably better as an attacking midfielder.

ETA: Whilst I'm here, realise I seem to ask this every few weeks Stenny fans, but Jamie Reid nae future at Dens?

Reid's been garbage, sadly. He looked the business when he was loaned out to us at the tail end of the 2012-13 season but he's been dreck this time around. There's flashes of a player in there - a nice touch, a wee bit of skill perhaps - but time and again he makes the wrong decision, mishits a pass and almost always shanks his crosses out of play. He was dropped for the win at Ayr United last weekend and I don't think we'll see him back for a wee while.

No future for a team of Dundee's ambitions, I'm sorry to say.

How did G.Oliver get on with Stenny? I see we have recalled him today due to a lack of fit bodies up front.

Disappointed to see him go, I really like the guy. Fit, hard working, enthusiastic, strong, skillful - he was clearly playing at a level below his capabilities. I hope he does well back at Hearts.

Disappointed to see him go, I really like the guy. Fit, hard working, enthusiastic, strong, skillful - he was clearly playing at a level below his capabilities. I hope he does well back at Hearts.

Sounds promising. Hopefully we can maybe get him back out to you again in January to continue getting him game time, as the talk is we are looking to recruit a striker in the window.

Ah, but will you be there to witness this monumental spectacle ?

no fraid not so Al nay be able tay girn come Sunday..... I ve two mates who are Dundee season ticket holders are they ve been very complimentary about Wighton ! Hope he gets a run Rory Mackenzie , Ryan Andrew or was it Andrew Ryan ?? And Michael Paton and Daryl Duffy have all came in and scored a few goals in yrs gone by ? I think we were needing a wee bit cover or competition up front ! Rays philosophy must be we re gonna lose loads a goals so we ll just score loads more ? .?

Looking forward too xmas period games and hopefully get a good home support for Pars game hope club push it a wee bit !

Hope he does start and yes I think he should be getting a start with Dundee

From what I've heard Jamie Reid played better last time when Corrigan played him in behind the strikers which sounds sensible to me.

Can't really argue with that. We were as poor as we've been for a while but three points is the most important thing. Thought we were going to blow a winning position yet again.

Penalty was very soft as was the red card but think Stenny actually played better with ten men. Can't say there were many pass marks in a City Jersey but thought Bobby Barr was terrific again, just needs to learn when to pull the trigger.

Not a great game but I thought Stenny deserved something from it - they were the better side for the best part, even with the numerical disadvantage. We used the ball well in midfield and got it forward into some good places but we had no cutting edge up front. Colin McMenamin had one of his best games for us and was unlucky not to score - I felt kinda sorry for him because he's having to do something he's not very comfortable with and doesn't have that much support around him.

That said, Brechin will be happy to come away from that with the three points. Job done.

As for the penalty, I'd need to see it again but my first instinct was that it was a correct decision - McMillan had his arms on the player (any ideas who it was?) and seemed to pull him back. It seemed silly to do it as the ball was going back to Fleming. Nick Walsh was pretty hopeless though, it was a terrible performance all round.

As an aside, I noticed how often our guys were shouting at one another - there was some pretty nasty stuff in there. Dickson screaming at Eddington for misreading his pass, McMenamin screaming at everyone around him. Not very edifying, but when the manager can't even keep his composure then you can't really expect the players to either.

It was Andy Jackson that won the penalty. To me it looked a penalty as the defender appeared to have both arms around Jackson after he turned him. Harsh red card though as it seemed like the keeper would have gathered the ball so it couldn't really be classed as "a goal scoring opportunity". Very well taken penalty by Trouten though.

After what has happened in recent weeks it felt inevitable that Stenny would equalise. To be honest, it wouldn't have been undeserved. Thankfully we managed to hang on and get the points.

Sets us up for a big game against Dunfermline next week. A win puts us in a play off place. However, we will have to play better than we did yesterday.

Not a great game but I thought Stenny deserved something from it - they were the better side for the best part, even with the numerical disadvantage. We used the ball well in midfield and got it forward into some good places but we had no cutting edge up front. Colin McMenamin had one of his best games for us and was unlucky not to score - I felt kinda sorry for him because he's having to do something he's not very comfortable with and doesn't have that much support around him.

That said, Brechin will be happy to come away from that with the three points. Job done.

As for the penalty, I'd need to see it again but my first instinct was that it was a correct decision - McMillan had his arms on the player (any ideas who it was?) and seemed to pull him back. It seemed silly to do it as the ball was going back to Fleming. Nick Walsh was pretty hopeless though, it was a terrible performance all round.

As an aside, I noticed how often our guys were shouting at one another - there was some pretty nasty stuff in there. Dickson screaming at Eddington for misreading his pass, McMenamin screaming at everyone around him. Not very edifying, but when the manager can't even keep his composure then you can't really expect the players to either.

Pretty much sums things up . We did notice the Stenny players gradually losing their cool along with Booth who was desperately appealing for every decision. Ironically he was sent off for disputing a nothing throw in on the half way line ! This could have been down to frustration at the ref who appeared to give us everything in the first half ( although I think no one could have disputed the penalty) .

Like everyone said , Stenny possibly deserved something out of the game. The heart was in the mooth when they hit the bar. I think if that had gone in we would have struggled to even get a draw. Some desperate defending and solid goalkeeping kept us in the game , so I think praise has to be given to them after the criticism of recent weeks.

On a positive note though, we held firm and made sure of the victory with a breakaway goal in the last minute.

A bit frustrating maybe as we were forced to play a breakaway game for most of the second half against 10 men. That said though, we have to be happy with 3 points away from home against a team who we couldn't compete with all last season.

Could this be the end of our dismal run on plastic ???

Archived