Clyde v East Fife

Predictable scoreline tbh.

Naysmith is no manager and never will be.

Time he does the decent thing and fucks right off so the gang of 4 can appoint yet another useless dick to make things even worse.

Not that I'm bitter like. I now enjoy Saturday golf rather than waste money following that pish.

Ok, I'm bitter.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Massive difference In the players attitude In the second half. There are decent enough players there. Their application, and guidance from the side, has lacked a lot in recent times.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing when McQueen went up top. But to be fair to Ferguson, it paid off. 3 very good goals and far more to be encouraged about. We need to back it up next week though. Work to be done still but the players at least showed some real desire and fight today.

Second half performance was excellent especially after the equaliser, it was like watching a totally different team from the one that played in recent weeks. Playing good football and creating chances and scoring goals. It was good to watch the confidence flowing back and it hopefully gives us something to build on. Everyone played their part today but a special mention to Traynor who had a solid debut and what a strike but especially to big Chucky who gave us a presence up front, winning flick ons, holding the ball up, christ he was even taking men on.

That was the bottom of the barrel for East Fife no desire, no heart, and poor application. Fair play to Clyde they wanted it so much more than us. Rumour before the game was a virus had hit the East Fife team and it sure looked like it. It was clear as the nose on the end of your face that the 352 formation we started with was losing the battle before half time. How we didn't change things is any ones guess. The fans we have left are losing the faith, and if changes aren't made in January I really fear the worst. Gary Naysmith must know that performances like that will cost him his job, and there is not many fife fans still on side with his tactics. No pace no width, constant square passing brutal to watch.

So happy tonight after a Clyde win, not gonna get carried away just now but hopefully that will be us going in the right direction. As I have mentioned before I feel that we should be using more players from our U20 team, I know you need experience but from watching the U20 team for a large part of the season there are players like Traynor that with game time would improve greatly and play with no fear. That's what I believe has been the problem so far, players playing with fear and not wanting to make a mistake. So chuffed tonight for the young lad Traynor and more youth players in the first team the better. Would rather watch our homegrown youngsters than bring in players who are just playing for a wage.

So happy tonight after a Clyde win, not gonna get carried away just now but hopefully that will be us going in the right direction. As I have mentioned before I feel that we should be using more players from our U20 team, I know you need experience but from watching the U20 team for a large part of the season there are players like Traynor that with game time would improve greatly and play with no fear. That's what I believe has been the problem so far, players playing with fear and not wanting to make a mistake. So chuffed tonight for the young lad Traynor and more youth players in the first team the better. Would rather watch our homegrown youngsters than bring in players who are just playing for a wage.

I get what you are saying but its not like players come to Clyde for the massive wages that we pay.

I thought Traynor struggled a wee bit at times in the first half and a couple of his crosses were very poor but in the second half he looked a lot better and scored a cracker and the ball he put in for McManus when he hit the post was also a great ball.

The wage comment is a bit harsh, i've been a huge critic of what i perceived to have been a lack of effort in most games ive attended, but no-one, not even the greats from 98-2007 were here for the buddo.

That was the bottom of the barrel for East Fife no desire, no heart, and poor application. Fair play to Clyde they wanted it so much more than us. Rumour before the game was a virus had hit the East Fife team and it sure looked like it. It was clear as the nose on the end of your face that the 352 formation we started with was losing the battle before half time. How we didn't change things is any ones guess. The fans we have left are losing the faith, and if changes aren't made in January I really fear the worst. Gary Naysmith must know that performances like that will cost him his job, and there is not many fife fans still on side with his tactics. No pace no width, constant square passing brutal to watch.
That right there has been us at our worst also. Its not pretty, and tbh i got that impressio from 3/4 of your team against us in the playoffs last year. No one deserves to go up the road feeling like they're the only ones left who.give a shit, except Th***le fans. Kinda count EF a similar stature club to ourselves, schadenfreude aside i guess we're both in this for the long haul.

What a shambles of a season both on and off the park. I like Naysmith but his record is terrible, however I don't really think it matters who we have as manager as it will still be the same unambitious lot 'running' the club behind the scenes.

Lowland League anyone?

First half was a total non-event; they were probably embarrassed to have scored a goal it was that bad. We could obviously have levelled right on half-time with our own header from a corner by McQueen.

Second half was much better and all three goals were excellent finishes. Could've been any score to be honest; they absolutely chucked it at 2-1.

Marsh and the front two were the standout performers. Traynor was an upgrade purely as he moved the ball onto his left foot and opened up the channel much better. Scored a good goal but his best bit of play was setting up McManus' header that hit the post.

Whether McQueen will work up front long term is up for debate but they didn't ever look like dealing with him today.

I thought Sinclair was verging on being our best player last week and he had another good game today. Didn't see that coming. Really smart footballer at times.

Wee win down at Annan next week and the new year signings will be coming in for a playoff chase :lol:

Come to f**k David....Sinclair last week??? Two stone and two touch a tackle he's been a liability so far. Cantcommrnt on today, but wouldnt get a game of Fifa from me.

Don't beat yersel up TCM....consider the day a victory for the booboys!! Sitting on yer hands hoping it comes together might work for some....not genuine vocalists like you and i. You must wear a Shawfield bunnet...

McQueen is God. Certainly before & without doubt after..

Marko in stand today. Take it hes takin halketts jersey...

Foreva n eva

Marko was one of the names I had heard today as one of the possible players to be signing in January.

Is he still registered with anyone?

Marko is someone who i'd love to have stuffed and porched over my mantelpiece, preferably in the 'booting the baw tae f**k' pose. The man's a fucking hero. But after Bryn and Steph's unglorious returns, i'd be happy keeping the memories where they are if its going to set us back again.

Im sure he was playing for a good Dumbarton side in the championship. I reckon he would be a worthy addition till the end of the season that way Barry has more time to look for a more long term centre half

Archived