Clyde v East Fife

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt if even the strongest Clyde fan would fancy us to win this but we live in hope that January proves to fruitful for us in terms of recruitment.

Until then who knows how we will fare.

I don't have any faith in Clyde these days. Horrible last few years to be a clyde fan competing at best in the lowest depths of scottish football.

Bring back the days when we were even mid table in the 2nd top division. We are a long way from even that

I was worried about McQueen upfront but he was very good and won the majority of headers that he went for and he linked up well with McManus.

In the 2nd half Fergie was able to get in some good space and he had the East Fife left back beaten constantly so it was good to see him getting back to his old self.

They scored early then didn't seem bothered to do anything else. Martin won't have many quieter games this season.

Glad young Traynor started today, been saying for months he should have been playing left back. Don't understand why we brought a 17 year old in from Celtic or played McGhee at left back last week.

Steady. He looked as lost as McGhee last week, but he put a good corner in towards end of 1st half and - like the rest of team - had a much improved 2nd half, took more good corners and scored a peach!

Thought Traynor was a vast improvement on McGhee - looked a bit ragged in the first half but he was solid enough throughout. His crossing was poor but some of his set pieces were cracking. McQueen up front made some difference as well - gave their centre halves a torrid time and didn't seem out of place at all. Held the ball up well, a great header for the goal, one of many knock-downs assisted Smith; overall he looked like a better version of Daly. We could've scored about 5 goals in that second half and East Fife barely had a sniff aside from a dangerous low ball across the box and a disappointing header.

The difference in the team after we got the goal was remarkable. Confident, slick and with a cutting edge that's been lacking for so long. Let's hope that we can build on this and it wasn't just down to East Fife playing poorly.

Never saw that result coming after going a goal down after a couple of minutes. Thought I was seeing things when McQueen was up front with McManus, but credit to the big guy he was very effective. All goals were well taken and it could've been more if McManus could've buried his two second half chances. Good to see people smiling leaving a Clyde game!

Archived