Clyde v East Fife

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im certain it was Jack Ross unless both done it....In fact im 99.9% certain Jack ross came off bench at broadwood & scored within secs returning from injury....

Jack Ross scored against the Maryhill filth the night Scotland were raped in Paris, looping a wonderful shot over Arthur after a scramble in the box.....i believe Hinds got the other. The game was Potter's debut too iirc. The only other significant Jacko goals were the 25-yard daisycutter agsinst Raith in 2004, and a pen against Arbroath in Millen's onmy game in charge, unless someone can correct me. He never had any sort of injury that would have kept him out the side, to be on the bench.....willing to be shown up though :) all happy memories.

The favourite Marko moment for me was also against Ayr, opening day 2003. Playing basically as a orthodox left back in a three, linking up with McGroarty down the flank, we must have done a Leeds 1973-esque passing move well into the dozens, when th e big man just rattled through Steart Kean, one-twoed with John Fraser, McGroarty and unless im mistaken McConalogue, and dipped it over the stranded goalie. Getting an erection just thinking about it.

Funny thing is when Marko 1st signed he was hopeless first few games and I genuinely thought he needed to lay off the hash! Jacko wasn't much better at first, but despite our awfully critical fans both carried on to be tremendous Clyde players.

Both were signed as completely different players to what they initially became ...Jacko a box to box ballwinner, and Marko an out and out centre half...although under Kernaghan both were restored to those positions. And agreed that they both ran the gauntlet until the title team took shape.

So happy tonight after a Clyde win, not gonna get carried away just now but hopefully that will be us going in the right direction. As I have mentioned before I feel that we should be using more players from our U20 team, I know you need experience but from watching the U20 team for a large part of the season there are players like Traynor that with game time would improve greatly and play with no fear. That's what I believe has been the problem so far, players playing with fear and not wanting to make a mistake. So chuffed tonight for the young lad Traynor and more youth players in the first team the better. Would rather watch our homegrown youngsters than bring in players who are just playing for a wage.

Agree totally

There is more potential quality there

In that u 20 squad

Players with real pace and can finish to.

Manager should be looking to bring them in rather than what has been happening

Important you guys appreciate just how bad East Fife have become this season. Forza Clyde a tad premature.

Your real test will be against whoever you are playing next and then after that.

Naysmiths spineless wonders shouldn't really count.

We've had a few fluke results to get some points on the table but the truth is we are utter shite and not worth the gate fee.

just watched the highlights. 3 really good goals and the first one was class. Defense splitting pass by Sinclair followed by a great cross from Fergie. Fantastic timing of run from big Chucky followed by a thundering header! Is smith used as a box to box midfielder? Good to see him getting on the end of things even though hes not scoring.

Not been on this as much. Had quiet a lot of missed opportunities, is that a recurring theme each week?

Archived