If newco goes bust...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A.F.C. Glasgow Rangers should have been formed by fans when Rangers F.C. died.

From scratch.

Could still be done now.

Lowland League is waiting for them as long as they're decent with no scumbaggery.

From scratch.

Could still be done now.

Lowland League is waiting for them as long as they're decent with no scumbaggery.

Holy shit.

I just read one of shulls posts.

I thought the mods were making sure that didn't happen by encasing them all in smileys so we automatically knew they were a joke.

You should be ashamed of yourselves mods.

Sort it out.

Holy shit.

I thought the mods were making sure that didn't happen by encasing them all in smileys so we automatically knew they were a joke.

Sort it out.

Shulls posts are serious. It's "The Rangers" that are the joke.

Holy shit.

Sort it out.

What tipped you that he was having a laugh?

The last three words were what gave it away for me.

ETA: Or four..

From scratch.

Could still be done now.

But then they'd have to follow a club that everyone agreed was brand new and that hadn't won 54 titles.

Where's the appeal in that for your average Rangers supporter?

In 2012 the initial question was whether or not they could stay in SPL. After that, whether they could join SFL and be fast-tracked to the top level, or (as happened) join at the bottom level.

Now there is a different dynamic. SPFL is one organisation. There is also a pyramid system in place. Rangers are based within an area that runs like this:

SPFL Premiership

SPFL Championship

SPFL League One

SPFL League Two

Lowland League

South of Scotland League

SOS League is currently the base of the pyramid for clubs in the west and southwest. Lowland League is the lowest level within the 'professional game'. SPFL League Two is the lowest level of nationwide football.

In 2012 the initial question was whether or not they could stay in SPL. After that, whether they could join SFL and be fast-tracked to the top level, or (as happened) join at the bottom level.

Now there is a different dynamic. SPFL is one organisation. There is also a pyramid system in place. Rangers are based within an area that runs like this:

SOS League is currently the base of the pyramid for clubs in the west and southwest. Lowland League is the lowest level within the 'professional game'. SPFL League Two is the lowest level of nationwide football.

They could be stuck there for years. St Cuthbert would destroy them.

Archived