Food You Don't See Anyomore

Tapioca - my parents always went on about how they had it for pudding at school dinner, yet I've never knowingly had any (that's been packaged as tapioca at least - I've tried that bubble tea stuff that's got fruit-flavoured tapioca balls in it but never just the stuff on its own). Can imagine it'd just look like frogspawn.

As for me, do you still get Fini Boom sweeties these days? Or fruit winders?

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

attachicon.gifMint Crisp 1.jpg

I remember these from when I was a kid. I managed to find a shop in Paisley that sold them, dunno if they still do. It seems they are still sold over in Ireland. You can get them on amazon and ebay, in fact you can probably get a few sweets/crisps mentioned on here.

They used to sell them in Railway Station vending machines.

Similar to Mint Cracknel was this -

33bd1s7.jpg

Tapioca - my parents always went on about how they had it for pudding at school dinner, yet I've never knowingly had any (that's been packaged as tapioca at least - I've tried that bubble tea stuff that's got fruit-flavoured tapioca balls in it but never just the stuff on its own). Can imagine it'd just look like frogspawn.

As for me, do you still get Fini Boom sweeties these days? Or fruit winders?

Fruit Winders are still widely available, never heard of Fini Boom though.

I could never eat something that's been in an animals mouth, give me an egg any day.

Conjures up images of cavemen watching primitive chickens and one thinks

" See the next thing that comes out that birds arse! I'm gonna eat it ! "

Guest The Phoenix
Did you ever get beef square crisps or did I dream that?

I suspect you're suppressing memories of your recurring nightmare involving Aberdeen Angus.

Conjures up images of cavemen watching primitive chickens and one thinks

" See the next thing that comes out that birds arse! I'm gonna eat it ! "

Remember the Calvin and Hobbes cartoon about the first guy to look at a cow and think "I'm just gonna squeeze those things and drink whatever comes out of them."?

Frozen Kwenchy Cups. Kids these days wouldn't even know how to eat them.

Easiest way for local shopkeepers to turn 2p into 10p overnight as well.

Sook them first. Knaw at the ice like a beaver. Then lob them at your mates so they explode when you finally got bored of them.

Frozen Kwenchy Cups. Kids these days wouldn't even know how to eat them.

Easiest way for local shopkeepers to turn 2p into 10p overnight as well.

Au contraire, my lad's school sells them at lunchtime, although they're now known as the aforementioned jubilee and now cost fifty bloody pence!

Au contraire, my lad's school sells them at lunchtime, although they're now known as the aforementioned jubilee and now cost fifty bloody pence!

To be fair, I think they were actually 5p when I got them. Unfrozen, you couldn't pay me to drink them, they were vile.

Nice to see that now that Primary 1 to 3 are now getting free school meals come two weeks from now, they can charge 50p for shite like this.

I fancy one now. :(

School menus are available online now (search for Fuel Zone if you want a look) and they do seem to try and offer healthy choices these days so they have to find another way of cramming some e-numbers into little darlings whose sausage-roll-and-Irn-Bru-from-Greggs breakfast just wasn't enough.

Archived