Food You Don't See Anyomore

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mint Crisp 1.jpg

I remember these from when I was a kid. I managed to find a shop in Paisley that sold them, dunno if they still do. It seems they are still sold over in Ireland. You can get them on amazon and ebay, in fact you can probably get a few sweets/crisps mentioned on here.

The silverburn tesco sell his at the back in the tiny little Irish section.

Mint Crisp 1.jpg

Sold in Tesco metros around Dundee. They have polish and Irish sections presumably for students.

Irish dairy milk stuff is fucking magic.

I remember these from when I was a kid. I managed to find a shop in Paisley that sold them, dunno if they still do. It seems they are still sold over in Ireland. You can get them on amazon and ebay, in fact you can probably get a few sweets/crisps mentioned on here.

Can mind my old grandad asking if I wanted to try tripe. "What is it?"

I asked. "A coo's shitebag." No thanks grandad.

:lol: At least the Coo Shitebag Marketing Board had the sense to name it something else. Tongue was a regular feature in the salads of my youth and it came in big, thin slices. For the longest time, I thought it was just coincidence that this processed meat product happened to have the same name as a body part.

So what actually is tongue Mum?

It's tongue.

Yes I know, but what is it?

It's tongue!

Sigh. I know that but what IS it?

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1418766757.553383.jpg

Just boiled sweets. Pretty rank in hindsight. However, I think it was the cherry ones that were good. Then you'd get a rotten watermelon one. Also the source of the 90's urban myth that if you ate 5(?) full packets you'd get drunk....

I still bring Jolly Rancher back from America for my workmates. To say they go down a treat is a total understatement.

There is nothing of any nutritional or natural value whatsoever, but by f**k they are tasty and intensively full of flavour.

:lol: At least the Coo Shitebag Marketing Board had the sense to name it something else. Tongue was a regular feature in the salads of my youth and it came in big, thin slices. For the longest time, I thought it was just coincidence that this processed meat product happened to have the same name as a body part.

So what actually is tongue Mum?

It's tongue.

Yes I know, but what is it?

It's tongue!

Sigh. I know that but what IS it?

I could never eat something that's been in an animals mouth, give me an egg any day.

Archived