Food You Don't See Anyomore

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sun lollies and supermousse.

Used to be the desert of choice growing up, reminds me of coming in from playing football during the summer.

Also ice magic, a liquid chocolate sauce that turned hard after pouring on ice cream to make it like Vienetta.

What was the ice pole thing that had chewing gum at the bottom?

Any child of the 90s remember McCain Pizza Rollas?

3379925248_157843b01f_z_zps34d907b9.jpg

I defy anyone to have eaten one of these b*****ds and not had a mouth that was blistered for the next 4 days.

While I've never tried these, they are still on the go in France. Nearly bought some last year because I presumed they were dreadfully brilliant.

While I've never tried these, they are still on the go in France. Nearly bought some last year because I presumed they were dreadfully brilliant.

They were like a Chicago Town microwave pizza in a baw.

That's the best explanation.

potato_puffs2.jpg

Mind always getting these when out shopping with my mum and we went past the Christie's 99p store on Union Street.

Honourable mention goes to Trio biscuits - far superior than a Club in my mind.

Tudor Crisps & Tudor Specials -

Their pickled onion crisps were amazing. So strong your mouth tingled and watered the second you opened the bag.

Tudor Specials were a bit overrated IMO.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1418766339.340171.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1418766351.913996.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1418766365.444549.jpg

Sticking with the crisps type snacks -

Don't know if you still get these, can't say I have seen either in a long time but possibly as not the kind of thing I'd look for nowdays.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1418766465.015540.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1418766480.315741.jpg

You still get spicy bikers but the b*****ds are like 20/25p most places now

Also on the subject of microwave stuff you used to get chips that were like McDonalds. Twenty or so separated by corrugated cardboard.

They were pretty good tbf.

Fries 2 Go.

You still get them and they are still pretty dece.

Maybe some East/West divide going on here. Never heard of Fries 2 Go (though they appear to be cut from the same cloth/potato). These were the ones I used to live on:

mccain_microchips.jpg

Fray Bentos Pies. Needed a tin opener to pop off the lid and then whack it in the oven. Worst pastry ever. What about the crisps you had to salt yourself?

I have a lot of love and miss French Bread Pizza's, Mr Puffs, wham bars and Dweebs.

Fray Bentos Pies. Needed a tin opener to pop off the lid and then whack it in the oven. Worst pastry ever.

You still get those. I always quite liked the soggy pastry. Still occasionally get a steak and kidney pie when I'm feeling lazy. Better than your average ready meal.

Fray Bentos Pies. Needed a tin opener to pop off the lid and then whack it in the oven. Worst pastry ever. What about the crisps you had to salt yourself?

I have a lot of love and miss French Bread Pizza's, Mr Puffs, wham bars and Dweebs.

Pretty sure I've seen Dweebs/Nerds in those American Candy shops. (don't mean that as a joke)

Archived