Food You Don't See Anyomore

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sugar Mice, the old bistro cafe in Perth would sell them all the time when I was a Bairn.

Dunno if they still do not been there for a few years.

I got a sugar mouse at Christmas

Sugar Mice, the old bistro cafe in Perth would sell them all the time when I was a Bairn.

Dunno if they still do not been there for a few years.

Can still mind getting them out of the Robin's Nest in George Street when I was a bairn in my pushchair. Sugar Mice were doss.

Thats the fuckers! That was bugging me like you would not believe :lol:

Meanies are still made and sold in Ireland. North and south of the border, if you know anyone going over.

My parents go over every year and are ordered to bring back as many Meanies multipacks as they have room for on the journey home.

From a survey of people's favourite chocolate bars taken five years ago:

"The highest placed bar still in general production is the Curly Wurly at 6th position in the Top 10.

Top 10 List:    1. Texan Bar    2. Nutty Bar    3. Mint Cracknell    4. Cabana    5. Aztec Bar    6. Curly Wurly    7. Caramac    8. Mars Bar    9. Star Bar    10. Secret Bar

Says it all...the top five not produced anymore. That's a bloody Tory government for you!

Disco's anyone? Those crisps were magnificent; especially the cheese and onion variety.

Unfortunately, Discos, like a lot of that type of savoury treat, were made from all the crap that is left over from making crisps....which can't be good.

Quality TV advert for them though.

Disco's anyone? Those crisps were magnificent; especially the cheese and onion variety.

Disco's where one of the few crisps where the variety pack had no rubbish kinds that always got left to the end(until they replaced the bacon flavour with prawn cocktail)

Mintola%20green%20wrapper.jpg.opt216x126

According to Wikipedia...

In 1995, the confectionery formerly known as Mintola (near-identical in appearance to Munchies, but consisting of plain chocolate with a mint fondant centre) was renamed Mint Munchies.

MintMunchies.jpg

In 2006, Mint Munchies were again renamed, this time as After Eight Bitesize.

after-eight-bitesize-L-Bq2ltd.jpeg

My local corner shop has these, so I assume they're pretty common.

Archived