Current Longest Serving Player

Think Sean Dillon has to be our longest serving player by now, in the first team anyway. Only other ones I could think of are possibly Mark Wilson - not one stretch obviously - and Keith Watson - who wasn't a regular until about 4 years ago. Dillon's certainly had the most first team appearances out of the three.

While he's certainly had his detractors through the years - myself included - but now I think most United fans think that he's been a fine servant to the club, and a good guy to have at the club, especially to help the younger lads come through.

As for boo boys, I don't think there is anyone that we boo, but the prevailing opinion is that Mackay-Steven hasn't looked like half the players he's been in previous seasons.

Pretty sure it's Keith Watson.

Our boo boy atm seems to be Nadir Ciftci.

No I can't understand it either.

:lol: not heard anyone boo Ciftci

Our boo boy atm seems to be Nadir Ciftci.

No I can't understand it either.

I can.

I'd never boo any player out loud, and it pisses me off when others do, but in my own head.......

I know he has flashes of genius, but his negatives are seriously beginning to outweigh them for me. I'd just like him to realise he's not indispensable and put some more effort in.

I want him to play like he did in the cup game at inverness in March, when we won 5-0, and I want him to play like that every single week

Is that too much to ask?

Aye, ok

Ryan Esson (signed Summer 2008) is our longest-serving, from Richie Foran (January 2009). Both held in very high regard at TCS, although there's a fair chance that neither will ever be a first pick for the team again, even when Foran recovers from injury. Unsurprisingly, given the start we've made to the season, there are no boo-boys in the squad, although opinion tends to be divided on James Vincent, Nick Ross and Carl Tremarco.

Turnover of players has pretty been high since Butcher took over, but prior to that we were notable for the number of long-serving players we had, such as Roy McBain, Russell Duncan, Grant Munro and of course the peerless Ross Tokely: over 500 appearances, not only played but also scored for us in all four divisions, managed to make himself a boo-boy for every other team in every division we played in and rounded off his sterling service for ICT by having a spectacularly awful game in his first SPL Highland derby as a County player. What a boi.

Andrew Considine is our longest serving player in a continuous stretch, having made his debut in '04. Went from a promising to terrible to capable to excellent at centre half, before being shunted out wide where he is improving all the time. Currently putting in excellent performances at LB where the team can use his height on the wing to switch the play.

Considine has been with us for 10 years, however in total Russell Anderson has been with us for 14 seasons with his ill-fated trip down south splitting the spells. The closest thing we've had to a club legend in my memory. Was still cutting it last season, outperforming Reynolds at times. Currently injured indefinitely, perhaps this season will be his last.

It's going to be a sad day when he plays his last match.

I know someone else has said Kris Doolan is our longest-serving player. Must be by some distance now, if you don't include the amount of time Bannigan was playing for the youths.

Would say that our boo-boy is now James Craigen, since Stevenson seems to have finally come onto a game. Some of the stick for him is deserved, some of it less so. Not got the greatest of footballing ability, but will run and work his arse off for 90 minutes whenever he plays. Reminds me a lot of what Christie Elliott was like until about 6 months ago, so Craigen may still come good.

Ross Tokely: over 500 appearances, not only played but also scored for us in all four divisions, managed to make himself a boo-boy for every other team in every division we played in and rounded off his sterling service for ICT by having a spectacularly awful game in his first SPL Highland derby as a County player. What a boi.

Hit his own crossbar within seconds of kick off as well.

He is pretty well thought of amongst the County support these days. He conducted himself well in his short time at the club and was an important part of Adams' ultra-defensive team that picked up some crucial points in our first few months in the SPL. It was bizzaro world at St Mirren when a "There's only one Ross Tokely" chant broke out amongst the County fans last season.

Andrew Considine is our longest serving player in a continuous stretch, having made his debut in '04. Went from a promising to terrible to capable to excellent at centre half, before being shunted out wide where he is improving all the time. Currently putting in excellent performances at LB where the team can use his height on the wing to switch the play.

Considine has been with us for 10 years, however in total Russell Anderson has been with us for 14 seasons with his ill-fated trip down south splitting the spells. The closest thing we've had to a club legend in my memory. Was still cutting it last season, outperforming Reynolds at times. Currently injured indefinitely, perhaps this season will be his last.

It's going to be a sad day when he plays his last match.

Nothing better than being given an excuse to think back to Eoin Jess :wub:

Lasley or Hammell are our longest serving, not sure which as both seem to come hand in hand.

Our boo boy is as clear as day Iain Vigurs. Personally I love watching him play as he has class in abundance, a wand of a left foot and a fantastic range of passing. However isn't the fastest and not overly hard working. A luxury player in all essence of the word.

Unfortunately a majority of fans prefer players who run about like f**k, mistime tackles, blooter it out the park but aslong as they give 100% they are better than Vigurs.

He is dividing a lot of our support but I think he is class. Even on a bad day he can still pull a 50 yard pass out his pocket.

I can.

I'd never boo any player out loud, and it pisses me off when others do, but in my own head.......

I know he has flashes of genius, but his negatives are seriously beginning to outweigh them for me. I'd just like him to realise he's not indispensable and put some more effort in.

I want him to play like he did in the cup game at inverness in March, when we won 5-0, and I want him to play like that every single week

Is that too much to ask?

Aye, ok

I'd like the Ciftci who played today against Celtic to turn up every week please (apart from getting booked within 30 seconds)

County's longest serving player is Scott Boyd. Made his debut in September 2007 against Raith Rovers he is slightly behind Mark McCulloch in league appearances, but should go on to break that you would imagine.

Next longest serving player is Richard Brittain who signed in the summer of 2008.

Gardyne has been with County on/off since 2006. He is in his third spell with the club.

Been thinking we've got a fairly long serving squad tbh, no idea if we actually do or not though, so heres our totals including this one.

Alan Mannus - 4 seasons

Steve Banks - 2 seasons

Steven Anderson - 11 seasons

Frazer Wright - 4 seasons

Brian Easton - 2 seasons

Tam Scobbie - 3 seasons

Dave Mackay - 6 seasons

Gary Miller - 3 seasons

Murray Davidson - 6 seasons

Chris Millar - 7 seasons

Gary McDonald - 2 seasons

Scott Brown - 2 seasons

David Wotherspoon - 2 seasons

Lee Croft - 2 seasons

Simon Lappin - 1 season

Liam Caddis - 5 seasons

James McFadden - 1 season

Steven MacLean - 3 seasons

Brian Graham - 1 season

Adam Morgan - 1 season

Michael O'Halloran - 2 seasons

Total = 70 seasons and 21 players

Average = 3.33 seasons per player

Off topic, but Jackie McNamara is the longest serving manager in the Scottish Premiership. He has been in post for less than two years!

I'm not sure what that says about our league but I can't think that it's a positive thing.

Off topic, but Jackie McNamara is the longest serving manager in the Scottish Premiership. He has been in post for less than two years!

I'm not sure what that says about our league but I can't think that it's a positive thing.

Archibald took over Partick the same day McNamara was announced United manager, although they weren't in the Premiership at the time I suppose.

Archived