Tonev - Racist Scum

That article by Tom English is nonsense. He starts off by claiming that trusting someone you've known for months should be the same as trusting somone you do not know at all.

How is Celtic trusting Tonev anything like a Judge trusting Logans testimony? :1eye

And there's a very good reason why legal courts do not rely on the balance of probability, because it would not be fair.

I have no idea what went on here but we all know it would have been thrown out by a 'real' court.

I have a bit of sympathy for Tonev as c**t does seem like an entirely appropriate description of Logan!! :P

:angel

Civil courts do. Are you saying you think he should prosecuted in a Criminal Court?

Bet me to it. [This thread has moved quickly!]

This isn't a criminal conviction that has been handed out.

You could argue that the criminal burden of proof i.e. "beyond reasonable doubt" should be introduced for disciplinary issues, but I don't think so and neither does the SPFL, who agreed to the existing framework. I think it would be daft to impose the higher burden of proof, personally. I'm a lawyer, for what it's worth.

Tom English covered all of the salient points, I can't disagree with any of it. But then I'm not a Celtic supporter.

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That article by Tom English is nonsense. He starts off by claiming that trusting someone you've known for months should be the same as trusting somone you do not know at all.

How is Celtic trusting Tonev anything like a Judge trusting Logans testimony? :1eye

And there's a very good reason why legal courts do not rely on the balance of probability, because it would not be fair.

I have no idea what went on here but we all know it would have been thrown out by a 'real' court.

I have a bit of sympathy for Tonev as c**t does seem like an entirely appropriate description of Logan!! :P

The only bit that is nonsense is this

In the meantime, there is a player in Aberdeen who was has been found to have been racially abused and a club in Glasgow who believe he wasn't

A grammarbomb of word salad.

Do people like you never get embarrassed at showing your ignorance?

Honestly if there is a more fanciful piece of made up shyt than your post above on the entire internet, I'd like to see and laugh at it.

Did you actually think any of what you wrote was even remotely true?

Why didn't you even do a little bit of research before you spouted this pysh!

Google is your friend.

www.google.co.uk

Try typing "Civil Law Scotland balance of probability"

Go on, do it. I know it's novel to learn "stuff", but give it a go. It might just help you seem like a less ill-informed ersehole!

You should be ashamed :(

Yours

aDONis

I do love the self righteous over reactions on here, it's incredibly easy to get the wee fellas upset!

At no point have I defended Tonev, I don't know what happened and neither do the judges, I should probably have said criminal courts rather than legal as the genuises on here have deduced, I have no legal training.

I do have a pretty reasonable and fair opinion without the need for the pomposity on display by the perpetually correct 'mob'.

I do love the self righteous over reactions on here, it's incredibly easy to get the wee fellas upset!

At no point have I defended Tonev, I don't know what happened and neither do the judges, I should probably have said criminal courts rather than legal as the genuises on here have deduced, I have no legal training.

I do have a pretty reasonable and fair opinion without the need for the pomposity on display by the perpetually correct 'mob'.

^^^Perpetually wronged, it's the Celtic way.

I do have a pretty reasonable and fair opinion

You admit to having no legal training and have shown you already have an inherent prejudice against Logan because you think he is a "c***". You also support the team in which Tonev is loaned to. These would all point to you not having a 'fair opinion' at all.

To be fair to you, should probably not have posted any of the shyt you did and try to pass it off as credible.

You keep saying 'know', which shows that you don't understand the basic principle of 'balance of probabilities'. Even in criminal cases the hurdle is only set at 'beyond reasonable doubt'. Both of these criteria fall short of the absolute standard of 'knowing'.

It didn't take a genius to work out that you were/are pig-ignorant of the law.

Finally and whilst I'm at it. Ill informed shyt, passed off as fact does grip my tits.

Yours

aDONis

why?

so celtic players can be racists and not get done for it :lol:

how is it every time celtic fall foul of the rulebook that they see, read and sign up for, they demand to change the fucking thing to suit them

instead of changing the fucking rules to suit your lot, why not tell celtic players to not break the fucking rules, surely thats simpler

I was thinking more along the lines of ......... So that regardless of which team someone plays for, the NEXT time anyone is accused of any (serious) offence, that there will be independent, corroborative evidence. The rules are there to be obeyed & they have decided Tonev is guilty. I'm ok with that. However, any rule whereby I can claim, or even mishear a racist comment, & someone can lose his job on my say so, is clearly flawed.

To be fair to you, should probably not have posted any of the shyt you did and try to pass it off as credible.

You keep saying 'know', which shows that you don't understand the basic principle of 'balance of probabilities'. Even in criminal cases the hurdle is only set at 'beyond reasonable doubt'. Both of these criteria fall short of the absolute standard of 'knowing'.

It didn't take a genius to work out that you were/are pig-ignorant of the law.

Finally and whilst I'm at it. Ill informed shyt, passed off as fact does grip my tits.

Yours

aDONis

What other term would you use instead of know? I can make an educated guess at what happened the same as the Judge has. He still doesn't 'know' what happened, Logan knows as does Tonev but no one else does.

You can always tell the wannabe legal eagles as they think just because the 'layman' doesn't know the correct legalese to use they don't understand the argument, pomposity is a prerequisite in the legal trade it seems.

What other term would you use instead of know? I can make an educated guess at what happened the same as the Judge has. He still doesn't 'know' what happened, Logan knows as does Tonev but no one else does.

You can always tell the wannabe legal eagles as they think just because the 'layman' doesn't know the correct legalese to use they don't understand the argument, pomposity is a prerequisite in the legal trade it seems.

2q0nl7m.jpg

I was thinking more along the lines of ......... So that regardless of which team someone plays for, the NEXT time anyone is accused of any (serious) offence, that there will be independent, corroborative evidence. The rules are there to be obeyed & they have decided Tonev is guilty. I'm ok with that. However, any rule whereby I can claim, or even mishear a racist comment, & someone can lose his job on my say so, is clearly flawed.

Who can lose their job based on the outcome of an SFA hearing?

I'll answer by way of example.

I know that when you wrote "...there's a very good reason why legal courts do not rely on the balance of probability,..." you were talking pysh because that statement was factually incorrect.

On the balance of probability, you are an ignoramus when it comes to matters of the law.

Glad I could help.

aDONis

P.S. I'd rather be seen as pompous than a fvkkin idiot ;)

Archived