Tonev - Racist Scum

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it mental how often I see the 'heat of the moment' 'trying to get a rise' argument about racism.

I've played football regularly for years with pals and with strangers. Friendly games, blood and thunder games, and at no point has it ever crossed my mind to comment on someone's race.

IDK, maybe not being a racist is just harder for some folk and I'm unique, probably not though.

The rules, which we signed up to like everyone else, say that one mans hearsay is more credible than another's, so by the rules he is a racist. Celtic should stop this now, condemn racism, get Tonev on an anti-racism initiative, then boot him out.

Then they should work with other clubs to change the rules so that evidence is required in future. For ANY rule breach, especially one so serious.

They have already said they are standing by him. They cannot fix the situation, they can only sweep some more.

For a club that actively seeks out things to be offended by they seem to love participating in hate crimes.

So are we(P&B) saying that Tonev is probably a racist or that he is definitely a racist?

Celtic have pretty much snookered themselves here. If they back the player and go against this judgement, they gain a lot of negative publicity. If they get rid of the player now they will piss off a sizeable chunk of their fans.

Tom English and the meedja now also indulging in disgraceful SFA-backed bias against Celtic and blameless Tonev:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30510599

I can't believe I just read a balanced and unbiased report from the BBC...

Tonev had given "an inherently improbable account" of what had gone on that day. The panel was "unable to accept him as either credible or reliable." He was found to be "guarded" and "hesitant" while Logan gave "cogent" evidence. His testimony, it was decided, was "careful", "measured", "clear" and "unequivocal."

What more are Celtic fans waiting for? The only possible kind of evidence that could come to light and prove Tonev innocent would abide by the very same 'balance of probabilities' that find him guilty. Yet they are refusing to accept this same method which they are insisting proves him innocent purely because it doesn't suit their agenda.. The mind boggles.

The rules, which we signed up to like everyone else, say that one mans hearsay is more credible than another's, so by the rules he is a racist. Celtic should stop this now, condemn racism, get Tonev on an anti-racism initiative, then boot him out.

Then they should work with other clubs to change the rules so that evidence is required in future. For ANY rule breach, especially one so serious.

There was evidence.

So are we(P&B) saying that Tonev is probably a racist or that he is definitely a racist?

Celtic have pretty much snookered themselves here. If they back the player and go against this judgement, they gain a lot of negative publicity. If they get rid of the player now they will piss off a sizeable chunk of their fans.

Celtic should do what is right regardless of any implications.

If they genuinely believe Tonev is innocent then they should tell us all why and if they and their fans are so keen on evidence they can present us with that.

Celtic should do what is right regardless of any implications.

If they genuinely believe Tonev is innocent then they should tell us all why and if they and their fans are so keen on evidence they can present us with that.

They should, but football clubs rarely do what is right for the sake of it being the right thing to do.

Unless it goes to CAS and the player is cleared, which I think is very unlikely at this stage, they have no chance of coming out of this with any credit whatsoever. They have, however, rallied a fair chunk of their support which was starting to become a little detached and bored with club football.

Archived