Tonev - Racist Scum

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, you'll probably get a smack in the pus for it. Or sacked. Or ejected from whatever establishment you are in.

Keep on making light of it though, whatever makes you feel better about being a victim-blaming apologist for racism.

I detected from your post that you were suggesting that it would end in violence, which wasn't the case here, a bit contradictory.

No, you'll probably get a smack in the pus for it. Or sacked. Or ejected from whatever establishment you are in.

Keep on making light of it though, whatever makes you feel better about being a victim-blaming apologist for racism.

A bit of a sweeping generalisation, i dont recall being guilty of any of this.

Everyone has a right to defense though. And at least they offered an avenue of support and education for the player. I'm merely stating that outside of the punishment you should look to make the situation better in future. I don't think crucifying someone is the best method, he should be allowed to make amends as should any player. Is that at least not somewhat fair?

I'm not defending him, just think the aftermath can be dealt with more appropriately.

Yeah, admitting it would have been a start eh ?

That is sickening.

Absoulutely vile.

I hope they apologise for the lies in this video. Hope they are making a new one. The Club cant stand by any of it.

They won't. They have already swept Griffiths's racist singing and Biton's racist tweet under the carpet.

They can get rid of Tonev to save face because he's on loan and pish but if it was Guidetti or Brown there's no way that would happen.

Celtic are utterly disgusting to a man,

I am not even remotely surprised at the reaction of the celtic fans but their condemnation (and no doubt subsequent witch-hunt) of Logan for his tweet is beyond even their usual stupidity; Celtic fans are all over social media practically howling for his blood. There’s more than one fucking idiot spewing bile at Logan alongside a pic of Samaras with the caption “man’s greates love should be for his fellow man”.

It is beyond parody.

He was racially abused and I doubt if he feels anything other than loathing towards the racist. This isn’t a spur of the moment flare-up between two footballers that is forgotten after 90 minutes and handshakes, this is something that goes to the very heart of humanity, utterly disrespecting another man because of the colour of his skin.

You should be fucking ashamed of yourselves.

I'm risking diving in on this but here goes

My first point is clear, I've read all the notes from the tribunal in full. Tonev's story is inconsistent and it's easy to see how the ban was upheld. I have no doubt that Logan has nothing to gain from lying about this. Celtic should send him back to Villa, this should be clear. The club however are still wanting to run an appeal with this. Personally I don't agree but it's still the right of the club to do this if they want to back their employer. There is nothing fundamentally wrong with Tonev wanting to defend allegations against him. To me it looks like he's in the wrong but people slamming Deila and Celtic for trying to defend him should get a grip. It doesn't make them racist apologists and it doesn't mean the club supports racism. Plenty of teams defend players who are in trouble, look at Liverpool and Chelsea lately.

This brings me to the second topic. This thread is embarrassing at its approach to Tonev. The man has a clean track record going into this game. Has he said something awful in the heat of the moment.. yes, was it racist in content... yes but does that mean that he himself is a racist? Not necessarily but let me clarify. He's said something indefensible in the heat of the moment and should be rightly punished, the comments have no place in football or society but I think he's just an absolute idiot. He said something to rile up his opponent and chose the wrong option. Probably along the same lines of Terry. But a one off incident shouldn't involve the witch hunt we are getting here. People make mistakes, sometimes big mistakes but if he serves the ban and hopefully leaves the club then that should be it unless there's a repeat offense. Then crucify him all you want, I'm always willing to give people the benefit of the doubt once but I appreciate if others don't want to. If you want to stamp this out then offenders need counseling after, not persecution.

I'm aware it's a football forum and a lot gets thrown around in the way of banter but just look at the title "Tonev - Racist Scum". Even the notes from the tribunal said that while on the balance of probabilities he said the words (and I fully believe he did) it in no way acts as a proof that it occurred. All I've seen in here is petty point scoring and fighting which to be honest trivializes any racism that exists in the sport. Pictures like Logan's on Instagram hardly help the situation either.

So to sum it up I do think he's guilty and should serve out his ban (and preferably leave the club) but some people really need to chill out on here. Get the man some help and make him a better person, don't crucify him for the rest of his career. Labels and abuse aren't going to help anyone. Just my two cents.

Racism should be treated with the contempt it deserves.

If you want to defend him, or go easy on him because of the colour of jersey he wears, then that is your choice, but don't lecture others on zero tolerance for racist behaviour.

Pretty incredible that one of their players has been charged with racism, has had an appeal turned down and Celtic FC still come out of this looking worse than an idiot with a John Tyndal style potty mouth.

Is some self reflection beyond them down at Parkhead?

I generally agree with the sentiment but getting your players to wear cringey t shirts supporting racism or questioning the integrity of the complainant has nothing to do with support or education.

Similarly celtic's abhorrent behaviour has went far, far beyond providing support and education. They still won't admit he's a racist ffs. And I don't think I need to quote Ronny again.

Oh for fucks sake, they are wearing t-shirts openly supporting racism now? Does that club know no shame?

This brings me to the second topic. This thread is embarrassing at its approach to Tonev. The man has a clean track record going into this game. Has he said something awful in the heat of the moment.. yes, was it racist in content... yes but does that mean that he himself is a racist? Not necessarily but let me clarify. He's said something indefensible in the heat of the moment and should be rightly punished, the comments have no place in football or society but I think he's just an absolute idiot. He said something to rile up his opponent and chose the wrong option. Probably along the same lines of Terry. But a one off incident shouldn't involve the witch hunt we are getting here. People make mistakes, sometimes big mistakes but if he serves the ban and hopefully leaves the club then that should be it unless there's a repeat offense. Then crucify him all you want, I'm always willing to give people the benefit of the doubt once but I appreciate if others don't want to. If you want to stamp this out then offenders need counseling after, not persecution.

If he had put his hands up and made a personal apology to Logan straight away, saying it was inexcusable but he had lost it in the heat of the moment, and quietly served the ban, fair enough. But he's exacerbated the offence by denying very unconvincingly that he said it, effectively calling Logan a liar.

Archived